Thread: j bar rake

Default j bar rake

is there a window you guys try to stay in? ive been fighting an entry problem for awhile and i feel like this may be a contributor to it

what is your entry problem?

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    is there a window you guys try to stay in? ive been fighting an entry problem for awhile and i feel like this may be a contributor to it
    Anything over 8" is overkill, imo

I have noticed some cars have a look about them on entry, where the body looks like its trying to left up and over the RR tire. Kinda like a pole vault, and the connection point to the ground is outside the RR tire aways, say 6 ft or so. Does anyone follow me on that?

Anyway, these cars i noticed are loose on entry, and always fight it. I think its a J Bar thing, to much angle, or Pinion side to high, but i would like to hear some other opinions on it.

Just say no...

I'd say, the j bar is lifting the whole car, and the front is controlling any roll.
    All weight is on the pivot point on the pinion.

Either braking the car loose, or the stop at topped suspension shaking car loose.
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by 95shaw View Post
    I'd say, the j bar is lifting the whole car, and the front is controlling any roll. All weight is on the pivot point on the pinion.Either braking the car loose, or the stop at topped suspension shaking car loose.jmo
    The j bar makes a crappy suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    The j bar makes a crappy suspension.
    As does the decoupled 4 link system with extreme trailing link angle.. Luckily Hoosier makes us a floppy enough tire to make up for our lack of emphasis on working suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    As does the decoupled 4 link system with extreme trailing link angle.. Luckily Hoosier makes us a floppy enough tire to make up for our lack of emphasis on working suspensions
    Very true........