Default wheebase opinions

Just wanted to get some peoples opinions on what range of wheelbase a person should be shooting for. I have an older car 3 link that is about 113 inches right now. rulers allow 107 wheelbase as a minimum.
    Do any of you think it would be a good idea to shorten the wheelbase. The car will be run on 3/8 and smaller tracks that are pretty dry slick in general.

This is the only adjustment on the car i have never really played with to see what the differences would be to the handling. Usually just left it as the builder set up the car.

I would move the front clip back if i was to move the wheelbase because the 3 link arms are already set to the class rules for length and the engine set back is correct. Doesnt look to hard to cut a few bars and move it back with some careful measuring. Thanks for any replies.

in UMP I believe 112 is max wheelbase

if track has bigger sweeping corners the long wheelbase will be good.
    2 of my best cars were 112" WB cars
    rest have been dam good at 110"wb
    you get more rear % with longer wheelbase,
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I double checked the rules and i dont see a max limit. Time to stretch it out to limo standards. lol I have been hearing a lot more of the 110 to 112 cars lately but was thinking the late models are around 103 if i remember correctly i could be wrong on that. Maybe i will run it and see what happens first before cutting it up. Probably just over thinking things.

The difference will be in how rules are written for engine setback.
    Late model engine rules are measured from the upper ball joint to number 1 spark plug hole.
    Longer wheelbase means more distance from rear wheels to engine.

Modified rules are measured from centerline of rear axle to bellhousing surface on rear of engine.
    Longer wheelbase equals engine further behind front wheels.

Thats a good point about how the engine set back is measured. I totally forgot about the difference between the to cars.