Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pavement star Stephen Nasse expresses interest in racing on dirt

Stephen Nasse is talented, he's passionate, he's fiery, and he holds nothing back in this interview regarding his desire to give Dirt Late Models a try and his feelings toward modern-day NASCAR drivers.

http://insidecircletrack.com/2019/05...-racing-world/

The hypocrisy of that guy is hilarious. "Everyone is just spoiled little rich kids".... then from what I understand, his dad pays every single dollar that goes into his race program and he has a full crew of people that do all of the work on the car for him... then all I see on facebook are videos of him crashing people or getting crashed and then trying to fight everyone.......... like a spoiled rich kid. Will be interested to see how he does in dirt. Dirt requires actual talent AND money.. plus I'd like to see him bow up to someone like Rambo or Boggs.... Will be asking daddy to buy back his pavement late model. LMAO

LOL, are you kidding me? I'm sitting in Pinellas Park, Florida right now like 5 minutes from his shop. I've done work for his family's vehicles, worked on his hauler, etc..... so I feel like I have a clue here. Nasse IS THE SPOILED RICH KID that he's talking about. He such a spoiled rich kid that he doesn't even comprehend that he's a spoiled rich kid. And he's always tried to play it as he's the blue collar racer, but that's total crap. He comes from a hard working family who made it big (very big...) in the construction industry but I don't think he's ever gotten his purse dirty a day in his life. A few years ago he started his whole nascar bashing bull because I think he finally figured out that nobody other than his own family has any desire to have anything to do with working with him even with his family's money behind him. And he thinks he can hop in a dirt car and potentially compete with the likes of Davenport and Bloomquist? Listen East Bay is like 30 minutes away and Kyle Bronson's shop is right down the street. I'm sure if he showed up with dad's checkbook they'd be happy to put him in a top level car any day he wanted to show everyone how it's done.

Who cares? (directed at the OP).

Seriously, why would anyone promote some kid who wants to race dirt? the Country is full of kids that "want" too...

Just say no...

If what has been said here is true regarding this guys' family having unlimited racing resources, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then he's a real pot/kettle kind of guy. I can name at least 4, maybe 5, guys who have been fairly successful in NASCAR that didn't come from money and know what it's like to have to showcase their talents on the short tracks in order to be noticed enough to get a NASCAR ride.

I know virtually nothing about this kid but he seems to be someone who enjoys, and works at being an A-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    LOL, are you kidding me? I'm sitting in Pinellas Park, Florida right now like 5 minutes from his shop. I've done work for his family's vehicles, worked on his hauler, etc..... so I feel like I have a clue here. Nasse IS THE SPOILED RICH KID that he's talking about. He such a spoiled rich kid that he doesn't even comprehend that he's a spoiled rich kid. And he's always tried to play it as he's the blue collar racer, but that's total crap. He comes from a hard working family who made it big (very big...) in the construction industry but I don't think he's ever gotten his purse dirty a day in his life. A few years ago he started his whole nascar bashing bull because I think he finally figured out that nobody other than his own family has any desire to have anything to do with working with him even with his family's money behind him. And he thinks he can hop in a dirt car and potentially compete with the likes of Davenport and Bloomquist? Listen East Bay is like 30 minutes away and Kyle Bronson's shop is right down the street. I'm sure if he showed up with dad's checkbook they'd be happy to put him in a top level car any day he wanted to show everyone how it's done.
    Too funny. Thanks for the insight man. Maybe him and Kyle can be teammates.

Team Douche
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

My favorite story about him. Shows he has money to have paid for the pit crew, and the desire to fight.

https://www.shorttrackscene.com/2018...l-derby-crash/

Wanna see a real asphalt ace in a dirt car? Pay attention to Bubba Pollard.

https://autoweek.com/article/other-m...e-bound-living

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    My favorite story about him. Shows he has money to have paid for the pit crew, and the desire to fight.

mudcat, we've followed Pollard's career enough to fully realize he's very good at what he does in regards to racing. Asphalt racing at the short track levels is not necessarily our cup of tea but the guy is indisputably great and deserves any and all accolades he gets. I would take just a bit of an issue with Pollard, as with Nasse, in reference to NASCAR being populated with nothing but money baby's. There are a few who made it on talent and bravery. Granted, the numbers are small and those guys are the only reason we pay any attention to NASCAR at all.

I had never seen prior to reading this article that Pollard has an affection for USAC Silver Crown cars and would like to give them a try. Hats off for that. Crown cars are not only beautiful but they're fun to watch. I really hope we see him at Springfield and Du Quoin on the mile dirt tracks in a Crown car in the nearer future!!

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post

Attacking a guy still in the car, and putting a hashtag #classynasse. Probably means you aren’t classy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Seems like a guy who would have gotten his teeth knocked out if he were around in the old school all-pro days.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    mudcat, we've followed Pollard's career enough to fully realize he's very good at what he does in regards to racing. Asphalt racing at the short track levels is not necessarily our cup of tea but the guy is indisputably great and deserves any and all accolades he gets. I would take just a bit of an issue with Pollard, as with Nasse, in reference to NASCAR being populated with nothing but money baby's. There are a few who made it on talent and bravery. Granted, the numbers are small and those guys are the only reason we pay any attention to NASCAR at all.

I had never seen prior to reading this article that Pollard has an affection for USAC Silver Crown cars and would like to give them a try. Hats off for that. Crown cars are not only beautiful but they're fun to watch. I really hope we see him at Springfield and Du Quoin on the mile dirt tracks in a Crown car in the nearer future!!
    Are you saying Bubba is a spoiled rich kid?

I did chuckle at his comments about NAPCAR because I've said pretty much the same thing. But since I haven't attended a pavement race since 1999, I'd never heard of the dude. I looked him up on youtube and just about every video is either him wrecking or complaining about wrecking. Is he actually any good?

how can he drive when his eyes look at two different things?
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Isn’t calling him a star a bit generous?

He's proof that with a ton of money behind you doesn't make you a race car driver. He is usually a one man demolition crew when he's on the track. I'm surprised someone has beat the brakes off of him yet. If I'm not mistaking he bitched about his crew at the Snowball Derby and they all quit on him.

Quote Originally Posted by clanton25fan View Post
    Are you saying Bubba is a spoiled rich kid?
    I didn't think that I said anything about Pollard but what I perceive him to be, which is a hard working guy that is happy with his position in racing. I really don't know what his financial status is but judging what has been posted here he doesn't have unlimited resources. I reread my post that you quoted and am at a loss as to how any of it can be construed as Pollard being a spoiled rich kid.

I thought I gave Pollard due respect, but maybe I've overlooked something. If I did say something that can be interpreted as disparaging it surely wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-09-2019 at 09:55 PM.

I like how in the article he says he’d like to run WoO and then in the next paragraph mentions Davenport and Bloomer who are Lucas drivers. Shows how much he actually knows about dirt racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Sounds like a grade A douchebag.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AHydro23 View Post
    Sounds like a grade A douchebag.
    Thumbs up for you.

Replying to ShawnStreet asking if he is actually any good (because for some reason the quote button isn't working for me) :He has talent in the car. He's won some big races and run well against some big time guys. But he's also torn up an egregious amount of cars, both his own and others. And he's thrown away a lot of races.