Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fayetteville thoughts

We are traveling through the Fayetteville area Friday and I want to stop for the Friday night WOO show. But after reading some comments on here we are wondering if it would be worth it.
    Thanks for any thoughts you have on the place.

If you wanna see the big name drivers you should go, other than that not much to brag about. Racing is usually follow the leader and one groove.

Mason87 you have nothing but negative to say about anything. We have had great racing most of last season and this season so far. Obviously you are not a true race fan because those true fans would encourage others to visit a racetrack that puts on these caliber of shows. 20fan we welcome you to come check us out for yourself and Im sure you will be please with the product we put on despite opinions of someone who only comes once in awhile.

Nothing positive to say, I'm not the only one to say these things. I'm a true race fan that's why I choose to go to places where I can see a race and not a train race.

Mason is correct.. typically it's one grove, in the past track would get ruts bad. To be fair the track staff has tried different things to help.. new clay, more banking, less banking, cones in the turns during hot laps.. for the most part it hasn't helped on a consistent basis. It's a nice place with plenty of parking, large grandstands. If the weather is decent the car count will be good. I don't have the answer but would be great if the racing was better.

Thank you dirt, fayetteville has been this way since I can remember and I am a true fan I supported them for years hardly missed a race it I got tired of seeing the same race week after week. So a few years back I decided to travel to a couple of tracks; I ended up going to ponderosa in Kentucky and man it opened my eyes to what racing should be side by side passing through out the field. Don't get me wrong it's a nice facility and the staff is very friendly and yes they have tried to make it better and I don't have the answer either but I don't go watch a race for the nice facility and friendly people. I go to watch racing.

Our race there last year had 3 lead changes and several drivers moving up through the field.

I was there last year and I'm not so sure on the 3 lead changes if my memory is correct there was only one true pass for the lead and that was Owens getting back around Sheppard around lap 20 or so but there was a couple guys moving through the field.

We're coming from Lexington, SC and meeting friends from North Charleston and Summerville. Why are we driving that far? Because all the racetracks around here (I-20, Columbia, and Thunder Valley) are no more. Modoc is still operating, and we will be there next weekend for the Ultimate show. Not having a local track anymore tends to change your perspective. Now we just wish we still had a local track to complain about.

I'm hearing the race may be canceled. DUNN BENSON pulled their sponsorship of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    I'm hearing the race may be canceled. DUNN BENSON pulled their sponsorship of the race.
    Is this why moran not racing?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Dunn Benson never sponsored this race. They sponsor the lucas race they have had there in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Governor View Post
    We're coming from Lexington, SC and meeting friends from North Charleston and Summerville. Why are we driving that far? Because all the racetracks around here (I-20, Columbia, and Thunder Valley) are no more. Modoc is still operating, and we will be there next weekend for the Ultimate show. Not having a local track anymore tends to change your perspective. Now we just wish we still had a local track to complain about.
    How's the racing at Sumter these days?

I'm the same way with not having a truly local track and go to Fayetteville quite a bit at about a 2hr one way trip......I've seen some really great events at Fayetteville ( the best slm was watching Jeff smith rip up the cushion for the win one night at a big show upset)
    But to be perfectly honest the best racing I've seen at Fayetteville on a consistent basis the past few years has been in the sportsman and pure stock divisions......and if you aren't one of those late model or nothing people the racing that happens before and after the big show is normally pretty good.
    Those pure stock guys rock the house almost every event.....fantastic racing.

Great slm racing can definitely happen there, they just haven't hit the magic potion in a while on the slm events.....facility is great, proximity to major highway for easy access is as good as it gets,the vibe at the track is very good and the local contingent in the support classes have some really good rivalries that put on a good show.

one thing is for sure, the new promotion team isn't just sitting on their hands and doing the same ole same ole......100 % support their ongoing efforts to bring in good slm racing, they will hit on something.
    Also like them working together with the track at lake view .
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Postponed. Yet to be rescheduled

I havent seen the official word on any postponement...

Get a twitter trax

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Dunn Benson never sponsored this race. They sponsor the lucas race they have had there in the past.
    Told you so. Dunn Benson was putting up the money for the purse and had a falling out with the speedway and pulled out

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Told you so. Dunn Benson was putting up the money for the purse and had a falling out with the speedway and pulled out

There using sat weather as reason for postponment
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Why would Dunn Benson be sponsoring a woo race and not have any mention of them in advertisement but they sponsor the lucas race and you see their name all over it?