Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They only have 8 supers at gas city tonight. They just started after over a 3 hour rain delay. No heats will be run only running a feature. So glad I did not make the trip down.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Did they give fans a discount with only running an 8 car feature and no heats???

A-Main finish-(Top 4) Stemler, Schlenk, Thirlby, Spangler. Yes, only 8 Late Models... VERY SAD showing.

Its a miracle they even got a race in. Ethanol tour and gas city could have cancelled, but held the race and paid the drivers. Today was a no win situation, and thats coming from a guy thats usually negative.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Did they give fans a discount with only running an 8 car feature and no heats???
    No they didn't give the fans a discount. However, with the situation that they had, I was just happy to be able to sit at a race track and enjoy some racing. Central Indiana has been hammered by bad weather and it seems like weekdays are decent while the weekends suffer from cold weather and rain. So much racing has been lost to the weather this spring.

In driving to the track I encountered an absolute down pour. It rained so hard I couldn't even see the interstate lanes and I was only going about 15 miles an hour. The track did a great job just to be able to race last night.

From what I understood, AELM Series rented the track for this racing event. They said that they were going to get it in, and they did just that. Thanks for a great effort.