Default Progressive Springs

Do many people use the progressive rate springs these days?

The old AFCO 5th coil ones, no...the new ones I haven't personally tried.

You could build your own progressive spring set with stacking. be cheaper and have more options to change a top or lower stack spring than stocking up on multiple progressive springs in my opinion. Jeremy

I have often wondered if a single progressive spring could be made to work on the rf. I think this could be a huge advantage in a limited late model class that does not allowed the stack spring setup. If I had access to at spring smasher, I would find the answer, but I don't have access to one.

Quote Originally Posted by LRtireCHANGER View Post
    I have often wondered if a single progressive spring could be made to work on the rf. I think this could be a huge advantage in a limited late model class that does not allowed the stack spring setup. If I had access to at spring smasher, I would find the answer, but I don't have access to one.
    Most that have a single spring rule also have a no progressive rule or equal spacing on coils or wire diameter or spring overall diameter, so having one that fits the rules is about impossible.

The next problem is just like Jeremy said/alluded to: You can't adjust or set the transition point of the spring and many are already to the max rate by the time you get the car at ride hieght since the spring is preloaded/smashed past it's progressive rate.

Billet pretty much covered it all. I see no use for a progressive spring unless it somehow gets by a stack rule and then only if you have it custom built for your car and application.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thanks for all the great information!