Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Whats up with madden

can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet, but whats the deal with madden this year? he's usually more of a contender regardless of where he runs and what he's in.....seems surprising to me. anyone have an opinion?

Hes in a capital car
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He is not running that bad, your making it sound like he is dragging ish... The Capital car isnt that far off, that i can see.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Hes in a capital car
    Bingo!!!!!!!

If he can't make that car run up front it should tell you all you need to know. He's ran up front in every chassis brand he's sat in....including a Barry Wright when they were bad and everyone said he couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    If he can't make that car run up front it should tell you all you need to know. He's ran up front in every chassis brand he's sat in....including a Barry Wright when they were bad and everyone said he couldn't.
    Yeah, he has figured how to get it to where he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    And he usally does it pretty quick. I say he will be out of capital car in 2 yrs
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

From what I have seen is he has been pretty close and consistently running in the top 5 and Bruening has been pretty fast also. Considering new cars and they really haven’t been able to race a bunch I say they are pretty good all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Mr. Barely Right said, "we" found something Smokey liked!

He is second in WOO points to b-shepp his last five finishes are two 2nds one 3rd a 5th n 7th before he won 10 large at Senoia not more then a month an a half ago, what am I missing here?

Captial dont suite his driving style
    Last edited by racer41; 05-17-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Rong post

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    He is second in WOO points to b-shepp his last five finishes are two 2nds one 3rd a 5th n 7th before he won 10 large at Senoia not more then a month an a half ago, what am I missing here?
    That compared to this time last year, he had won several more races on and off woo and was leading the woo points. With marlar, terbo and Moran off woo, i don’t think it’s too much to expect more. He’s better than the year he’s having. That’s what you’re missing.

Buckeye SLM, I'm not a fan of his I just don't see why anyone would be surprised one way or another. I get the competition leaving and it's a good point, Madden hasn't only been hit by rainouts, he's pretty serious about family time...... Tyler B has looked pretty sporty aswell... I'll agree to disagree, would a strong run at eldora change your mind?

Might just be KARMA biting his rear end........

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    Nothing. He is running well.

He seems to run good no matter what type car he is in. Even though i think he be kind of a a$$ @ times.

Could be the fact he is a salaried driver now instead of racing out of his own pocket and having to win to pay the bills????? Sometimes you don’t push quite as hard when you are in that situation on and off the track.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Exactly when was the Barry Wright, bad? The ICON was good before he(Madden) stepped into it after Ross Bailes and JD took turns in it. JD's time in the ICON was hindered by a lack of sponsorship and a less than stellar engine program. From JD leaving to Ross Bailes getting in with a different engine was like a week and he won right away... Only Nasa fanboys dish on BWRC, Barry builds a top of the line highly and professionally engineered car, period. The Capital needs some work, but I think that's why Madden was hired, to help find whats missing. Madden didnt make BWRC good, he just showcased it for the naysayers.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

He’s barely raced. Been rained out most of the time

"Sometimes you don’t push quite as hard when you are in that situation on and off the track."

That's certainly not Chris Madden. He's all business in a race car seat. The monkey wrench has to be the car or the components being used, not the driver.