Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How long before we lose Hud to NASCAR?

Just a thought, what do u think?

Unless hes got a VERY rich relative that wants to sponsor him. NEVER ! That is what NASCAR has become, its not so much about the talent but talent does play into the equation, its all about how much money you bring to the game. PERIOD !

Unless Burns or another big sponser wants to, I don't think we have anything to worry about!

Put him in JJ's car.....he ain't using it!!!!!!

He could maybe go run Eldora in someones truck... that lead to more races for Bobby.. but I think the results will be the same as Bobby; no experience on asphalt in a terrible truck will not good combination. It'd be sponsor driven. BUT if he does what Bobby did at Eldora in a truck maybe some sponsor does find him that wasn't ready back when Bobby did it; or just has some connection to Hud.

What I'm saying is the glass slipper has to fit just right.
    "The Wise One"

talent alone dont get you there, he does have a pretty close relationship w/ martin/landers though

I think he has plenty of enough talent, but talent doesn't have anything to do with racing NASCAR. If the worst bomber driver at your local track has a 10 to 30 million dollar sponsor he could start at The Daytona 500 next year.
    These dirt guys racing trucks at Eldora are buying their rides, I hear anywhere from $30,000 to $50,000.

If a driver has enough talent, guts and persistence it's still possible to attain a NASCAR ride without bringing a pile of cash. I can name no less than 3 drivers who are competing right now in the top two divisions of NASCAR whose family's did not bankroll their NASCAR opportunities. 1 of those 3 drivers is 2nd in the Infinity point standings and another is 6th. One of those 3 drivers received a million dollar winners share at Charlotte, NC Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    He could maybe go run Eldora in someones truck... that lead to more races for Bobby.. but I think the results will be the same as Bobby; no experience on asphalt in a terrible truck will not good combination. It'd be sponsor driven. BUT if he does what Bobby did at Eldora in a truck maybe some sponsor does find him that wasn't ready back when Bobby did it; or just has some connection to Hud.What I'm saying is the glass slipper has to fit just right.
    Hud used to race asphalt

He has the talent but not the $$. He isn't going anywhere soon.

Halmar spends 3.5 million per season to run Stewart Friesen full-time in the Truck Series.

If Hudson could line up that type of money he could have a full-time ride tomorrow.

He has stated more than once that he’s not interested in NASCAR. Did something change?

I know a guy who was givin the opportunity to drive Kyle Busch's truck team....but he needed to bring 5 million in cash or sponsored for the full season

Yep its money now a days. While it has always been money to a certain extent, is it getting harder to make it on talent? It seems sprint car type racing is more likely to get attention than DLM. Lately Chris Bell and Kyle Larson for sure. A few other drivers made it through talent and breaks too. I truly don't know the details on how many of others made it to Nascar, but there is a path, how much money comes, I am not always sure. Nascar is getting better at finding outstanding talent though. DLM just have never produced that many Nascar drivers so far. One thing for Sure. Bryon, Bell, Larson, Eric Jones, Cole Custer got noticed and there have been others. Blaney and Elliot had connections but they are top of the line, with or without help. Its tricky I guess, but there seems to be a lot of ways to get attention these days.

Tyler Redd!ck is good. He had a bit of Grampa money behind him but he is good and came from dirt late model racing. He had a good showing at Kansas Speedway a week ago in the Cup race.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Brad lost money when he won championship in trucks... everyone needs money

I don’t really think NASCAR is the dream for a lot of drivers anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Seems like the dream for many drivers now is go to Nascar for a little while to make money then come back to dirt and actually have fun. Like Stewart did.

Brad K was probably the last driver to get a solid ride without $$!! Larson, Bell, others at least have/had OEM $$ behind them to get in! All racing is "too expensive" to some level these days! As far as Hud, and other young talented drivers, they aren't enough seats to get into to really test out higher levels! We have many Millionaires in our dirt world, but only 1 Billionaire that could write a check for anyone anywhere!! Luckily he backs an entire series, and not a World conquering super team!!

Post 17 is on the money Josh......and if you just love it what better way to do it than on the dirt.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????