Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up John Blankenship to run ELDORA in a Longhorn - Appleseed & DREAM.

According to inside dirt John Blankenship returns to racing in a Longhorn owned by Van Lester with crew chief Tom Buckingham for the Johnny Appleseed & Dirt Late Model Dream.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-21-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Would love to see him back at it. Just keep his dad away...

That would be cool. He really became a great driver culminating in the world 100 win and then it all went poof with his dad’s troubles.

Tom Buckingham is the crew chief not owner. Your posting this thread was a whooping 11 minutes after the original article was posted !

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Tom Buckingham is the crew chief not owner. Your posting this thread was a whooping 11 minutes after the original article was posted !
    Your point....?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

My point is you have 6644 post and most of the threads you start are copying someone else's articles respect ally dirt on dirt.and your driver role calls many weeks before the races. I don't understand all the personal biography of yourself on each of your post ? May 21 and attended 3 races-WOW ! Do you think anybody really cares what your next event is ?

Thumbs up

My point is you have 6644 post and most of the threads you start are copying someone else's articles respect ally dirt on dirt.and your driver role calls many weeks before the races. I don't understand all the personal biography of yourself on each of your post ? May 21 and attended 3 races-WOW ! Do you think anybody really cares what your next event is ?
    My friend 3/4 of the races I planned to attend where rained out. I would have had about 12-15 races by now if not for the rain we've had here in northwest Indiana. 4 races after this past Saturday. Not much I can do with rain. There are a lot of other folks on here who's b.s is a lot worse. Go cry about them. Most of what I post is up coming race info at my local tracks. If you don't like it ignore it. No one has said anything to me yet and there are many others who have done the same in the past. I did give credit to Inside Dirt for the news. To be honest I'm sure fans are happy to see Blankenship back in a car. He was a good wheel man and fun to watch. Not whining about what you posted. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-21-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

I am certainly happy John is racing at Eldora and the car being prepared / built by his former crew chief Tom Buckingham. In my opinion John is a first class guy! The only reason I posted to begin with was asking why you repeated a post that had already been made. Again- I don't understand the need for your self biography on each of your post or the need to state your next event. I understand the rainouts effecting your race attedence- but how many people on 4m list every race they have attended or the next they plan to attend - what's the purpose ? Heck I attended 13 races in Florida in February allone- not counting the 2 rain outs while being at Bubba's & Volusia - point is nobody cares !

Hopefully this stint lasts longer than his last one in the seat.

Its good to see another old face back again regardless.

Thumbs up

I am certainly happy John is racing at Eldora and the car being prepared / built by his former crew chief Tom Buckingham. In my opinion John is a first class guy! The only reason I posted to begin with was asking why you repeated a post that had already been made. Again- I don't understand the need for your self biography on each of your post or the need to state your next event. I understand the rainouts effecting your race attedence- but how many people on 4m list every race they have attended or the next they plan to attend - what's the purpose ? Heck I attended 13 races in Florida in February allone- not counting the 2 rain outs while being at Bubba's & Volusia - point is nobody cares !
    That's understandable. I will say this. When I've posted on upcoming races. I've got a lot of thankyou's on 4m, Facebook, & other forums for the adverting via private messages. A few of those I was asked to help out which I don't mind doing. Lets hope the rest of the race season isn't as crappy as the beginning has been. I've see 2 races as a fan in the pits and two helping my friends with the cars. The weather has killed it here in the Chicago area.

Hoping this weekend isn't a complete wash out.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Per the article: as of now- just the 2 Eldora races. Van Lester is a successful business owner with varied business interest in West Virginia. He also owns/drives his crate late model around East Tennessee occasionally .

Hoosierdirtfan- you do an excellent job promoting races here on 4m-& keep it up. For what it's worth- I respect the fact that you are 100% forward with your identity & not hiding behind a keyboard. I apologize to you if I offended you- just always wondered why the extra personal info that's all - no harm!

Quote Originally Posted by Madcat View Post
    Would love to see him back at it. Just keep his dad away...
    If the article is correct, supposedly his Dad is funding it, as a way to mend his relationship with John.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Foxfire2dirtracing, I see what you are saying, and no disrespect to you HoosierDirtFan but it does seem like it's a race to you to be the first person to break the news on 4m. To the point where you actually get upset if somebody gets something out ahead of you...

I think the new guy needs to relax....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I think the new guy needs to relax....
    Wonder what his prior screen names were?

Not a new guy & no prior screen names! I would not allow myself to post/reply on anything -so as to not get into any peeing contest-that’s all. 4m is an outstanding source of information- but also comes with lots of b.s. and squabbling. Since 2010 just tried to read the good & ignore the bad. Can you imagine the post I have read over the last 9 years that I knew too be false-but but my tongue? Looks as tho-I should not post and just read & filter it all! And to mama- I promise you -it’s the same screen name since 2010 & like you my Eldora location has been section Aa for 24 yesrs

Thumbs down

Kinda a "D!ck" thing to pick on someone's bio they want to share. So what he wants to show how many races he's attended? He's a fan and rarely offensive to anyone, unlike you. If you don't like his posts its very simple, DON'T READ THEM!

Bye Felicia...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Count this as another vote for HDF's promoting of racing. I like to see the "car count" threads & other info hyping up the big races. Aren't we all here cause we love this stuff? I share his enthusiasm & enjoy his information gathering.

Keep it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Foxfire2dirtracing, I see what you are saying, and no disrespect to you HoosierDirtFan but it does seem like it's a race to you to be the first person to break the news on 4m. To the point where you actually get upset if somebody gets something out ahead of you...
    At least he gets the info and breaking news right......just sayin.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????