Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best Dirt Late Model race to attend

If you could go to any DLM race between now and the end of the season which one would you choose and why? (No restrictions) I'm thinking about selling my World 100 tickets and going somewhere else.....from Texas.

Thanks

a couple on my "bucket list" include Knoxville and I-80...
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Agreed on those 2.

Knoxville rarely disappoints. Most of the best races I've ever watched were there.

Silver dollar nats, pdc and the north south are the ones I want to get too!

North South is a good one.

My vote for best is the World 100... but if looking for something different; the track a couple hours south on I75 puts on a good race most usually.
    "The Wise One"

The bigger tracks, ie. the half mile's, don't provide a platform for the essence of what dirt late model racing in all about. That is to say the shorter tracks, ie. Macon, Fairbury, La Salle allow for much more of what most dirt late model fans want to see and that is rootin', gougin', beatin' and bangin'. For those reasons the Lucas Oil 100 lap race and the Herald & Review 100 at Mighty Macon would be at the top of the list.

Fairbury. Consistently great racing.

PDC you must make this race at lease Once in your life time 90% chance you see one of the best races ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    PDC you must make this race at lease Once in your life time 90% chance you see one of the best races ever
    I've been to the PDC before they moved it to July but, now with it being on ppv I'm content at sitting home in my comfort chair and taking it all in.

No doubt about it either Dream or the World 100 at Eldora. No track compares to it and the best drivers in the country are going to be there. Any other track is second fiddle to the Big E.
    It’s Gods Country!

Maybe depends on what you like or dislike. PDC at FALS (seldom disappoints, throw the car around type 1/4 mile track, fun atmosphere on the midway, feels crowded, especially the back stretch), Silver Dollar Nationals I80 Nebraska (many like the two night format, track races well for a big track, hotter than blue blazes in July, not a bad seat in the house, motels and restaurants within 30 minutes), Knoxville Iowa (good surface which changes enough to add intrigue, if you’re looking for a show that goes to midnight this maybe isn’t for you as they are usually done pretty early, big cushion that can bite), Cedar Lake Wisconsin (great fan atmosphere, lots of things to do in the surrounding area, high banked, 3/8s I think?, races well for most part, have seen it be not as good, easy access to motels on I94). I’d also watch for when Wheatland reschedules the Show Me, if they do?
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The bigger tracks, ie. the half mile's, don't provide a platform for the essence of what dirt late model racing in all about. That is to say the shorter tracks, ie. Macon, Fairbury, La Salle allow for much more of what most dirt late model fans want to see and that is rootin', gougin', beatin' and bangin'. For those reasons the Lucas Oil 100 lap race and the Herald & Review 100 at Mighty Macon would be at the top of the list.
    I hate watching guys lean on each other. All I see are dollar signs and dozens of hours of work.

Good exciting racing : Fairbury, Cedar Lake. Top notch facility and speed : Knoxville. Hoping to hit up Eldora one of these years soon.

World 100! End of story!!

I love Eldora, been going for 20+ years and going again this year, but for the last 5 years I've taken in a week of the Hell Tour. I don't think there's a better place to see good racing than Macon. Went to FALS for the first time last year. It was good racing, but for my money, Macon can't be beat. Lead cars are in traffic by lap 5, and its Katy bar the door for 100 Laps
    Last edited by reddyfreddy; 05-24-2019 at 03:56 PM.

My vote is for Macon and the North/South.

Macon Lucas show or Hell tour race. Take your pick. And FALS never disappoints. Like Reddyfreddy said, the leader is lapping the last place car within a few laps @ Macon.
    8/13/16

Cool The King?

I also love Macon....home base for me as a kid. Cedar Lake (USA Nats) is great nearly every year, Knoxville is a unique animal and that makes it really special. It's a place where the best car and driver, if they finish, rarely loses. No fluke victories at Knoxville.

But hey, it's The World. Been going for many years. For me, it's still not close. Atmosphere, venue, prestige, competition. JMO here -- I also think it's still a great value, especially with the additions to the program over the past few years.

Go 18!!

From what ive seen on ppv, Macon and Fals would be hard to beat!

Until I get there live, ill take Eastbay!