Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Hillbilly 100, because every dirt fan needs to experience Tyler County at least once.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The Hillbilly 100, because every dirt fan needs to experience Tyler County at least once.
    Fairbury is like Tyler County, except it’s racier and there’s no dust.

Silver dollar nationals, late model show with USMTS is hard to beat, very well run show and excellent track prep!

Atomic or was KC had some really really good racing on that 3/8 track i agree 100% with Cirf the smaller tracks provide the best racing the 1/2 mile provide good racing but they are a lot more spread out it seperates the best car&driver from the intermediate car&driver and usually 7 or 8 cars not lapped.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The bigger tracks, ie. the half mile's, don't provide a platform for the essence of what dirt late model racing in all about. That is to say the shorter tracks, ie. Macon, Fairbury, La Salle allow for much more of what most dirt late model fans want to see and that is rootin', gougin', beatin' and bangin'. For those reasons the Lucas Oil 100 lap race and the Herald & Review 100 at Mighty Macon would be at the top of the list.
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Oh, I did. And it appears you didn't like it. Sorry if I hurt your feelins'.

You couldn’t if you tried.

north/south or pdc both on and off track

Fals, North/south, Show Me, Cedar Lake, are all great weekend shows. But if you have never been to Eldora yet its still hands down the best.

You’re on the sh!tlist too, awesome.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I love Eldora, I just do, especially with Tony making tons of improvements. Hopefully he keeps doing what they did with traffic last year. And the added law enforcement, thumbs up from me.

I like Lernerville too. Would love to see Atomic redo their bleachers, and get possibly the DTWC back. That is my favorite track.

Bucket list would be FALS, Knoxville, Charlotte, Smoky Mountain, Indiana SpeedWeeks, and the Pa speed weeks. Others too. Heck, F1 race overseas, road course race at say Gilles Villenuve.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thumbs up

The Show Me 100 when it was at West plains "was" the top of my list.
    Second, would be probably "Clash at the Mag".
    Third, "Topless 100".
    any place that gets slick and requires skill to be fast.

Some people like heavy, hammer down, who's got the biggest motor and can throw elbows kinda stuff. I like slick-finesse-patience-make the fewest mistakes style racing, where you are less likely to be out spent and have to drive and setup the car properly.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

The North/South has been a race of the year candidate about every year in the last decade. For half mile tracks, doesn’t get much better than Florence.

Luv seeing those 900 HP ponies stretch their legs. No better place than Zero's favorite track.....Knoxville. The key elements of racing is tested there, Man and Machine and no BS.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I love Eldora, I just do, especially with Tony making tons of improvements. Hopefully he keeps doing what they did with traffic last year. And the added law enforcement, thumbs up from me.I like Lernerville too. Would love to see Atomic redo their bleachers, and get possibly the DTWC back. That is my favorite track.Bucket list would be FALS, Knoxville, Charlotte, Smoky Mountain, Indiana SpeedWeeks, and the Pa speed weeks. Others too. Heck, F1 race overseas, road course race at say Gilles Villenuve.
    lernerville has been pretty racy this year!! Hope they can finally get some good weather for the fire cracker

Your original question said "1 race". All of the above answers are fantastic.

But if its Late Models you are into, and you can only see "0ne", the answer is simple:

You go to the World's 100

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    The Show Me 100 when it was at West plains "was" the top of my list.
    Second, would be probably "Clash at the Mag".
    Third, "Topless 100".
    any place that gets slick and requires skill to be fast.

Some people like heavy, hammer down, who's got the biggest motor and can throw elbows kinda stuff. I like slick-finesse-patience-make the fewest mistakes style racing, where you are less likely to be out spent and have to drive and setup the car properly.
    Good post. I sort of agree, but I love it hammer down too, as long as it’s not so hammer down that there’s only 6 or 7 cars left on the track at the end of the race. As long as there’s passing, I’m good. I don’t much care about anything else.

Of the tracks I haven’t yet attended, my first pick would be I-80.

Macon gets my vote. Went last year for the first time, to the Lucas race. My first impression when we walked into the track was they’re really gonna race late models here?!? It’s like sitting on the rim of a cereal bowl to watch a race. You won’t be disappointed

Lots of good answers from different perspectives. My bucket list track is I-80 because I have never been there. (Also never been to the PDC) These 2 are on my wish list even tho the thread is about recomendations for 1 track. I guess for the “ultimate experience “ I would have to list Eldora (dream or world). The Winternationals from start to finish is also a great trip starting with Golden Isles & ending with Volusia. 15 races in 16 days is awesome. (16-in 16 if you want to do North Florida on Sunday)
    Chupp/Bloomerfan: I see Smoky Mountain is on your list- with Roger Sellers becoming sole owner -he is really making improvements with many more to come. Great down to earth guy who understNds racing! If you ever get a chance-take in big show at Tazewell at least once. You won’t be disappointed-alto the facilities are much “outdated” or maybe “old school” for a different terminology! 🏁🏁

For me it would be Knoxville. Never been. Hope to soon.