Thread: Front sway bar

Default Front sway bar

I am looking for information regarding the use of a front sway bar on a dirt car. I am sure it has been done before but my searches have come up with very little information. I am contemplating the possibility of killing 2 birds with one stone. Some sanctioning bodies have been restricting the use of travel limiters on the LF, as well as some have been restricting the use of bump stops on the RF. I think a front sway bar might be a way to get around those rules and still offer the benefits of both. Any thoughts on this, or does anybody have access to information on this?
    Our Creed: "Where two or more are gathered, there shall be a RACE!"

i havent tried it on the mod, i will say we ran it on a street stock years ago and it did very well. we ran a stock swaybar and preloaded like 1/2" with a piece of all thread

Quote Originally Posted by turtle1hp View Post
    I am looking for information regarding the use of a front sway bar on a dirt car. I am sure it has been done before but my searches have come up with very little information. I am contemplating the possibility of killing 2 birds with one stone. Some sanctioning bodies have been restricting the use of travel limiters on the LF, as well as some have been restricting the use of bump stops on the RF. I think a front sway bar might be a way to get around those rules and still offer the benefits of both. Any thoughts on this, or does anybody have access to information on this?
    First, read your particular rules closely.
    IMCA rules say no sway bar.

Of course, the right tech guy could see the sway bar as a limiter.

I see where your thinking is headed. Lot of developement needed.

It could be interesting. Coleman developed many stock style sway bars to work with the big bar/soft spring setups.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle1hp View Post
    No tethers or bump stops? Thank God they are outlawing those expensive pieces!

Zero25, thanks for the information. I looked at the Coleman website and they offer a few different rate sway bars. Chances are that there is someone on staff that could point me in the right direction.
    Our Creed: "Where two or more are gathered, there shall be a RACE!"

I tried one on a limited late model camaro clip car .Me and an fairly well known chassis builder talked it over and decided it might be worth a try.My advice it's not worth the effort car was terrible i don't know how to describe car with it other than it was terrible I couldn't wait to get it off. But we wanted to try it probably if I wanted to go back to square one completely changing springs etc it would have worked.