Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Sounds like Swainsboro. We used to leave there at 1;00 or 2;00 in the morning. That's one of the reasons we stopped going. Also, when the racing was finished at the big track, the kart track was still running. There'd be kids over there 7 or 8 years old, waiting to race at 2;00 or 3;00 in the morning. I know it sounds impossible to believe, but it's true.
    That is just insane. I can see a kid literally be sleeping and being told, hey Johnny, time to wake up and go race. Just unacceptable.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Johnie would probably be going Dad get up it's time to go race....lol.
    But yes, unacceptable unless it's on some very rare occasion for something like weather , stacked full fields or something like that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I go to two dirt tracks in North Carolina on a regular basis. Both race on Saturday night. These 2 tracks are roughly 25 miles apart. Both tracks run between 8 and 10 divisions a night and are hardley ever done before midnight. It is a chest match for me. I literally go to the one I think will be finished earlier based on the program. Neither track know's nothing about time management or how to get done at a descent time. The only reason they are making a profit and drawing a crowd is because there is nowhere else to go. They will cater to the drivers and give them anything they want, but nothing for the fans except high admission and 1, 2, or 3oclock nights driving home after the race. 3 dollar cold hamburgers and 2 dollar old chili hotdogs, while walking thru a rainforest to get to the bathroom.

What tracks are you referring too?

The rainforest/bathroom = Harris. The 2nd would have to be East Lincoln

Friendship will be active begining of july. Mike hatton & ron perkins are parterning up and taking over and have hired jason smoot to run it.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 06-25-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Good news.......

Mike Gatton... They are spending quite a bit to help turn things around at Friendship (new dirt, cleanup). Hopefully the fans will give them the support it needs, going to be on Friday nights. Good people who truly want to have a great place to race, they are not looking to make a quick buck but rather look at it as an investment for the future.

That's even better news.....thanks evel.

Looking forward to Friendship opening back up. They posted a note saying they would try to get races done by 10:30-11:00 each night, and if they can do that, and get a grip in the track surface, they will do well. Friday nights are questionable, as it is good for some, bad for some. Here's hoping for a good thing in Elkin!

I know they will try really hard. Clean restrooms (especially the women's), over by 10:30, and decent food are my big three... I have only been around them for a couple of months but great group of people, they are new to promoting but have a lot of support and the right reason for doing so.

It reminds me of a local track owner who had the greatest track ever, Moulton. Then he retired and has leased it to many others. The latest guy is killing the track. Word was nobody in the stands, late night intermissions, stupid ideals, track ruff and so dusty at times, just bad. I bet the owner wishes he could find someone who would run a track like he did. Now days, it is fly by night want to bees who don't have the brains nor money backing needed to run a business. As another track owner told me, you can make money off of the small car locals (pits and family) by running local only, don't need out of town fans.

Sorry to hear this. Hate to see any track close. Was only there one time but have fond memory`s We won a 10k to win STARS race there in 96..

Quote Originally Posted by 49wrench View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Hate to see any track close. Was only there one time but have fond memory`s We won a 10k to win STARS race there in 96..
    Bob Salathe? I was there! And the rest of the thread gives good news, track opening back up.

This thread is great.....good to see people stepping up.

That place is just really cool.