Default Richmond Raceway ky

wondering how the racing is there on the average. thinking about going this weekend, never been there. looks like not much banking and a little slick on some video I looked at. but sometimes that may not be true... just wondering is a 3 hour drive one way worth it. Thanks

If you're gonna drive 3 hrs... wait for the $20k Butterball in August. With that said, the racing surface has come a long way in the past 2 yrs. I went 6 times last yr and I've been 3 times this yr and can only think of one night it was one lane racing.

Yes,they have done a tremendous job with the track. It used to be so 1 lane,not much anymore. I too would wait for the Butterball

As a hometowner, Richmond is very capable of putting on crazy good racing. Its a tight bullring that does indeed sometimes get very dry slick or rubbered up. The past two seasons have had more 2-3 wide racing than any other years I can remember on average. Its not the lap of luxury at the track..true grassroots, small town facility at the moment. I am not sure what your reasoning for driving 3 hours this particular weekend is but I'd say ALWAYS GO SUPPORT TRACKS!

I agree with the statements above. I live 2 hours from the track in southern ky. Didn't go much last year but I did go few weeks back and never have I saw Richmond have high side like it did that night. Surface has come so far. It's chance you take most places. Could be real good racing or one laner. Nothing ever better than just being at an old dirt track on Saturday night.