Default Spring Rates on Front

Have a g-body and it has LF-1050 and RF-900. Going through the corner and coming of the car rocks really bad. Are these too stiff?

I had a lot of success with one of those, although we are talking 25 years ago. I ran 1400 LF and 1000 RF.

Quote Originally Posted by smokem2024 View Post
    Have a g-body and it has LF-1050 and RF-900. Going through the corner and coming of the car rocks really bad. Are these too stiff?
    Rocking sounds like a shock issue? Which direction does it rock?

It would roll all the way over on right side. Huge gap between tires and fender/quarters on left side. Then coming out of corners it just rocks like its unstable

Both right side shocks were compressing all the way in

thats stiff but lots of people use that

I spent a lot of time on my car installing springs until I had 2 inches of compressed spring so my spring would have stored energy and transfer weight to the rear of the car on acceleration, I ended up with 680/630 for a few years in one car, the next car I built had everything in it 3inches higher, seat, cage motor, floor body and it needed stiff fronts I was almost up to 800 in that car....

Sounds like ur too soft on the rr. I usually start with a 250 on those 3000 pound stockers.

Youre front springs are in the ballpark. I have been as soft as 800rf and stiff as 1300lf, esp if the track was super slick.

Thanks for the help.

How would I measure the front springs to get the 2" of spring compression?

Car sitting at ride height all set up, just stick your tape in from underneath in the middle of the spring.

if you run soft front springs, you will need 250-275 straight across the rear.. the stiffer the rr the more side bite you will have.

I ran 275s straight across at 3000 lbs total and at 3350 which I had to run at a few events.

weight transfers from the rear on entry to the lf then the rf then the rr

If your lf is heavier than the rf which is how I ALWAYS raced my cars when they worked.