FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 4, 2019

Jeep Van Wormer Heads into Dirt Late Model Dream Fresh Off Runner-Up Effort!

(PINCONNING, MICHIGAN) Jeep Van Wormer and his Iron Motorsports team finally kicked off their 2019 racing season on Friday evening, May 31 at the nearby Tri-City Motor Speedway in Auburn, Michigan. In a weekly Super Late Model event to shake down his brand-new XR1 Rocket Chassis, Jeep improved two spots in his heat race to finish sixth and later scored the victory in the B-Main. During the course of the $1,055 to win headliner, Jeep started from the outside of the eighth row and put on a show in front of his area fans. The Pinconning, Michigan standout primarily utilized the bottom groove of the racetrack to blast all the way up to second in the 30-lapper to finish a very close runner-up behind only victor Travis Stemler!

The team was then scheduled to venture south to the Hoosier State on Saturday night, June 1 for a $4,000 to win American Ethanol Late Model Tour (AELMT) showdown at Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Indiana. Unfortunately, heavy rain forced the cancellation of the event early in the day. Full results from Friday's show at Tri-City Motor Speedway can be accessed online at www.tricityracetrack.com.

“It was good to get back behind the wheel of a car again and I’m very excited how the new Rocket shook down the other night at Tri-City,” exclaimed Van Wormer this week. “With work commitments, we obviously don’t get the chance to race as much as we used to, but I’m pumped to head to Eldora with this new piece. We had to start at the tail of the heat at Tri-City because we didn’t have any points and we didn’t really have the car right, but gained on it a lot through the course of the night. Then in the feature, the car took off right away and I was able to drive by guys right around the hub. I slipped the right rear tire over the banking off turn four coming to the two-to-go signal or I think I might have had a shot at (Travis) Stemler for the win.”

The #55 team will now trek to the famed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio this upcoming weekend (June 6-8) for the 25th edition of the ‘Dirt Late Model Dream.’ Jeep will do battle with 80 or so other entrants to compete for his share of the whopping $469,650 worth of posted prize money for the crown jewel extravaganza. The three-day weekend will start with twin $10,000 to win programs on both Thursday and Friday at the hallowed 1/2-mile speedplant.

Combined points from Thursday and Friday’s preliminary shows will then set the lineup for the six traditional heat races at the “Big E” on Saturday evening. Jeep will be looking to transfer into the 100-lap ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ through the heat race or the consolation event to set himself up for a chance to gun for the gargantuan $125,000 top prize. Each feature starter is guaranteed to leave the Buckeye State oval with no less than $2,500 for his efforts. Jeep has transferred into the ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ on eleven different occasions with a best finish of sixth coming back in 2011. More information can be located by pointing your web browser to www.eldoraspeedway.com.

The Iron Motorsports team thanks the following sponsors for their continued and unwavering support: Bayline Fire Protection, NE Fabrication, Knochel Oil Company, Services on Site, Van Wormer Management, Brucebilt Performance, XR1 Rocket Chassis, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, ACPT, Allstar Performance, Bell Racing, Beyea Headers, Brinn, Inc., BSB Manufacturing, Bulldog Rear Ends, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Exide Technologies, Fine Line Window Tinting, Goodridge Hose & Fittings, Hoosier Racing Tire, Howe Racing Enterprises, Integra Race Shocks, J.C. Dubil, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Joe's Racing Products, K-B Carburetors, Keyser’s Port City Racing, KRC Power Steering, Lane Automotive, Oakley, Outerwears, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Performance, Ringers Gloves, Scott Performance Wire, Sweet Mfg., Swift Springs, VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Weld Wheels, Wilwood Engineering, and Wrisco Industries.

To learn more about the Iron Motorsports team, log onto their home on the web located at www.JeepVanWormer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com