5-TIME LERNERVILLE LATE MODEL CHAMPION & HALL OF FAMER JOHN FLINNER'S SPECIAL LETTERED ZAMP HELMET & VELOCITA'S GOLD $ SIGN RACING SHOES TO BE PRESENTED TO THE $10,000 "BILL EMIG MEMORIAL" SPONSORED BY HOVIS RUSH LM WINNER
By Mike Leone

June 5, 2019 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Sarver, PA)...When the winner of the inaugural $10,000 "Bill Emig Memorial" sponsored by Hovis Auto & Truck Supply rolls into victory lane at Lernerville Speedway on Saturday, June 22 for the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Dirt Late Model Touring Series, not only will he or she be the victor of the richest Crate Late Model event in the history of the Northeast, but will also be the recipient of what is sure to be one the most unique trophy presentations ever in the history of the storied speedway. The winner will receive a Zamp RZ35 Dirt Pro Helmet with custom graphics and signature of five-time Lernerville Super Late Model Champion and Hall of Fame inductee, John Flinner, of Flinner Signs & Decals.

The helmet will include images that will have significant meaning to the event including both the RUSH and Lernerville logo, the $10,000 amount, and most importantly the image of Bill Emig receiving the 1986 "Milestone in Racing" award from Lernerville founder, Don Martin. Emig was one of the first to receive the prestigious award for his accomplishments as a winning car owner at Lernerville and throughout the region. His win total still ranks sixth overall in the track's all-time win list with his famous six-cylinder Ford-powered car driver by Lou Gentile.

"It's been an honor from the very beginning to be able to award $10,000 to the winner of the 'Bill Emig Memorial' at Lernerville's World of Outlaws 'Firecracker event," stated RUSH Director Vicki Emig. "With that said, I wanted to be able to present the winner with a very special and unique memento to remember his victory at this historic event, and I think we've definitely accomplished this with this one of kind award!"

"John Flinner has been the undisputed leader in race car graphics throughout our region for many years as well as a great friend lettering several of my race cars as well as many Mercer Raceway Park pace trucks throughout my tenure there," continued Emig. "I knew he was the only one who could capture the personal importance the event holds for myself and family and portray it on the helmet. Couple his talent with the fact that he is a five-time Lernerville Champion and Hall of Inductee, and I think the recipient will have a priceless keepsake of his $10,000 'Bill Emig Memorial' victory! The helmet is absolutely beautiful!"

Completing the special winner's presentation package will be a pair of black and gold Velocita-USA racing shoes with $ signs on the toes. Longtime RUSH corporate marketing partner, Brad Smith of Velocita, who has contributed thousands of dollars of Velocita product throughout the years to RUSH racers, approached Emig at the Motorsports Expo in Philadelphia and offered to contribute the unique shoes to mark the significance of the event. Emig was thrilled as the shoes are usually reserved for Smith's Velocita customers who win National Championships. The shows will be a perfect addition to the Flinner designed Zamp helmet. Smith is also a dealer for Zamp and offers the RZ35 Dirt Pro Helmet with a the $69 sure seal breath deflector to RUSH members for $239.

And finally, not to break tradition, good friend and RUSH Authorized Engine Rebuilder, Steve Hendren will also be custom-etching the large hardwood winner's plaque that has been so sought after throughout the years at previous "Bill Emig Memorial" events.

The "Bill Emig Memorial" sponsored by Hovis Auto & Truck Supply will feature warm-ups and FK Rod Ends "Shock the Clock" Qualifying on Thursday, June 20 with FK Rod Ends heat races and the pole shuffle dash on Friday night. Saturday will include the last chance B mains, the 50-lap $10,000 to-win, $450 to-start feature, and the $400 to-win, $200 to-start "Wheelman" Non-Qualifier. Each program will also include a complete program for the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Models highlighted by Saturday night's "Firecracker 100" paying $30,000 to-win. The rain date is Sunday (June 23).

Flinner Signs & Decals is located at 22071 Route 19, Zelienople, PA 16063. For more information, call 724-452-0950.

RUSH Racing Series is brought to you by Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC & Pace Performance along with the support of Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Hovis Auto & Truck Supply, FK Rod Ends, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, TBM Brakes, Performance Bodies & Parts, Racing Electronics, Dirt Defender, Wrisco Industries, Frankland Racing Supply, Landrum Performance Spring, Ontime Body & Graphic, Trailer-Alarms.com, Bonnell's Rod Shop, Zarin Truck & Automotive, Sherwood Wheels, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, CrateInsider.com, and Valley Fashions.

E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at info@rushracingseries.com and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.

###