Default Need help explaining RR spring

How come when I increase the RR spring rate I actually get more RR shock travel. That bafffles me. I also can turn more RPMS overall.

The short answer.....more side bite/ faster lap times/more rpms!

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    How come when I increase the RR spring rate I actually get more RR shock travel. That bafffles me. I also can turn more RPMS overall.

Good answer below yours. If you get more grip, you get more weight transfer. The 5th coil is another place you may observe more spring is more travel at times.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Probably because you hit a hole the time you put your stiffer spring in.. were you using Data Aq or just a travel indicator?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    Probably because you hit a hole the time you put your stiffer spring in.. were you using Data Aq or just a travel indicator?
    Are you saying that comparing 3 laps out of a 8 lap run might vary a ton?

The last few weeks I’ve been progressing on rr rate and all other things the same, my travel has gone up but the car has steadily felt worse. Would I see more travel because the stiffer spring is steadily gaining more load?

As you are progressing in rate , are you taking turns out?

yea same heights and scale numbers. i feel like i need to just ignore my shock travel indicator and go from what it feels like

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    yea same heights and scale numbers. i feel like i need to just ignore my shock travel indicator and go from what it feels like
    You need to adjust based on the stopwatch.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    The travel indicator is limited info and is only gonna show the max travel once out of the time on the track until it's reset. As my picture shows it can vary wildly, from hitting a hole or just a different line or just getting into corner funky one lap. it's not showing you a true average of travels and should be treated with a grain of salt.

Like my graph shows (say that was a heat race of 8 laps and I showed 3 of those laps and all the rest of the laps where close to the red and blue lines but going only off the marker you would be reading the green line at 2" of travel when the real average was closer to under 1.5".

Like engineer said tune off lap times and to a point with driver feel, while we do/might adjust things to get certain travels or attitude ultimately the stopwatch is the judge, jury and, executioner so to speak.