Default High Droop Load, and Ride HGTs?

Whats the proper way to set ride heights specifically when your running a high droop load set up on the LR?

I notice my RF pin to pin migrates when i add or subtract a lot of load. I usually wind up the LR while its on the car, with spring compressed measurements.

Thanks, Krom

Just say no...

I am starting to think it matters less and less. Either you go softer on LR spring to get your ride height load the same with the added droop load, or add or decrease turns in the RF. Both of which have other consequences. Having the same discussion now as we try to replicate RF loads from a bump spring setup to a bump stop.

Proper or correct way, is gonna depend on who your asking. To me there really isn't a correct or incorrect way of doing things for the most part, just different ways.

First thing I would ask is why is your ride load changing that much when you increase the extended load? I can understand if your using a single spring or something along that line, but with stacks and etc you should be able to adjust the extended without messing the ride load up too much unless your maxing out the extended load for the spring rate your using.

Second thing would be are they checking deck heights? Having a higher LR ride isn't a big issue IMO besides it raises the deck above legal and you may need to adjust the deck.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-06-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Whats the proper way to set ride heights specifically when your running a high droop load set up on the LR?I notice my RF pin to pin migrates when i add or subtract a lot of load. I usually wind up the LR while its on the car, with spring compressed measurements.Thanks, Krom
    Ride heights are only for passing tech. What is important is various locations during the lap. Mid straightaway, corner entry, mid corner, corner exit.

Regarding Ride HGT's dynamically, If i were able to pull down the car weekly, i wouldn't worry about static, but i don't. I am working on building a home made version, but its slow going with all the things i have going on now.

Billet, i am only talking about 1/8 inch pin to pin change, maybe 3/16 ths I notice it will go from 18-1/2" to 18-3/16 ths when i really crank on it. I guess i shouldn't worry about it.

Spring rate is low, on a stack. I think i maybe maxing out the extended load, like you said. I may need to go with a different spring set up.

Just say no...