Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mark Richards, Paul Wilmoth Jr.(525 engine)

Good article on DoD. Especially nice to hear Mark and Paul are trying it out. Putting their money where their mouth is.

The big series should give them the 100lbs break and 12” spoiler. It’s a great start to getting cars back.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I would rather them cut down the Super's spoiler to 6", plus ADD 50 lbs to Supers (2450) and take the 100lbs off from there to 2350 lbs. A lot cheaper to build a 2350 lb car with a CT 525.

Its a start, it could work.

Just say no...

CJ Rayburn says thanks for catching up guys.

I agree about the weight Krom. It takes some effort to get the car light enough.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There are a lot of tracks in WV where the 525 can win without rule aids. Atomic, not so much. You need it to be slick and you have about 600 hp, to have a chance.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There are a lot of tracks in WV where the 525 can win without rule aids. Atomic, not so much. You need it to be slick and you have about 600 hp, to have a chance.
    There aren't a lot of tracks still running in WV. Elkins, Tyler Co., I-77, Ohio Valley, and Beckley has reopened this year.

So how much slower would lap times be? Suppose pole was 15 seconds at Eldora.. what would it probably be with a 525?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    CJ Rayburn says thanks for catching up guys.

I agree about the weight Krom. It takes some effort to get the car light enough.
    No doubt!! Rayburn thought of all this years ago!!!

Before everyone gets sold on 525s, might wanna check out what’s going on with them.Now the Fuel series lets you update them with aftermarket rods,pistons,etc.. average about 5500$ more! You can then turn them harder. Before it’s over it will just be am ls based late model motor at a high price

A 525 at Eldora is toast, especially in qualifying, be hard pressed to run a 16 second lap.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So how much slower would lap times be? Suppose pole was 15 seconds at Eldora.. what would it probably be with a 525?
    I think that’s what CJ’s other test car, Chuck Hummer has.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    No doubt!! Rayburn thought of all this years ago!!!
    Yes he did. And it didn’t catch on, but he absolutely did try this. I didn’t see why not, but it just didn’t.

Default Slick Willie

And you nip that in the butt. Don’t let them do that stuff.

It's better than the current version of crate racing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It's better than the current version of crate racing.
    For sure..

Already being done. Check out Hendren Race Engine or Kenny Lamb Race Engine. They kinda killed that class in our area with a few of the “legal built” 525. Durance Lane took a stand and said no, so now you have split the racers. Some with hood 525 and some with stock 525. Until tracks and series will get on the same page, racing is going to continue to dwindle weekly

CNB,
    Unfortunately, CJ cheated some of them up and tracks that had adopted them took the rule aids away from them. Once that happened, they faded away.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Stocks run 19 & 20s at Eldora. Fast time last night was 15.582, Hummer went 17.5, now take into acct Hummer vs Lanigan & Hawkins with setup+ driver and I'd think easy ½ second off hummer time attainable. This would be say high v16.8-17 flat for 525. Could maybe squeek 16.5 but I'd think that's extreme best from crate 525

Run them all together and adjust to a weight/cubic inch rule.

Start the fast guys, and last week's feature winner, at the tail.

While we're at it start paying four spots in the heats so most guys have a shot at making SOME money.

Personally I'd do group qualifying and pay five spots there, too.

And buy a water truck that starts every week.

I know....I'm a right wing radical.
    Last edited by Krooser; 06-07-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I agree with Jim every track I run I'm about a second to second half slower then big guys no matter what we try. At Eldora was losing traction will work on that today try to gain some speed but several times yesterday was on the chip at 7400

funny how the chassis builder doesnt wanna bring down the cost of a roller but just make a higher hp crate class