Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The problem was we all crashed the red flag came out only the cars able to continue should of raced not allow another heat to run then allow our heat back out. We were the current heat it was pure cluster mess because then cars that had pulled off before the previous caution were allowed to come out never seen that in all the years I have raced ..several drivers even changed tires that were not marked for competition should have all been DQ
    Really? Wow! That's messed up! Sounds like Donald duck is running the show at Eldora these days. Doubt Earle would have ever done something like that.

Heat 5 highlights on YouTube from last night.

"I’d be upset too if I was him. They were out on the track for the 5th heat then the rain came. For some reason they put the 6th heat out next and then the 5th heat went out after that. Those 2 pounds that he was light were from fuel burnt off while they were waiting to get back on the track for his heat. Some common sense should have been applied here. I know almost everyone else that weighed in this weekend were good, but he definitely got the raw end of the deal tonight."

So he left his car running the whole time? Highly unlikely. Why he continues to play the weight game is beyond me. Even the others driving his cars were way heavier.

What are Eldora rules for pitting under red? Bloomquist did that too.

I looked up the rules. If you pit under red, you restart on the tail. He got away with a rule infraction before scaling light!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    What are Eldora rules for pitting under red? Bloomquist did that too.
    They were aloud too. They made an announcement about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    They were aloud too. They made an announcement about it
    That's why he was the only one? Eventually, later, they let them come in.
    Last edited by RaceEngineer; 06-09-2019 at 12:58 PM.

He didn't go in until the flag man signaled for them to go in

They all got to fix their car. They all got there spot back. No big deal. The track made the right call!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    He didn't go in until the flag man signaled for them to go in
    I guess everyone else was asleep at the wheel for 10 minutes. Thanks for clearing it up. He wasted his time doing donuts so the crew could determine he needed to come in.

WRG runs the event, Driggars made the call on Scott at the scales. Scott not only shot himself in the foot......he used a howitzer!!

I was wondering why he was doing donuts, I thought it was the rain

Exclamation Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.

You either make minimum weight or you don't, its idiotic to run that close on weight, even for #125K. Bloomer is one of the all time best, but he should know after he sued them over this last time that the scales would be "spot on" and he best run some insurance weight. Far too many variables to try and run his weight razor close like that, could've just as easily had to run excessive caution laps he didnt plan for. Always err on the side of caution, racing cost too much to give it away at the scales.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Twitter post.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    They all got to fix their car. They all got there spot back. No big deal. The track made the right call!
    One post says, Donald Duck is running the joint, Zero25 says the track made the right call, and I agree. Everybody in heat 5 was allowed to work on their cars after the rain/pile up in turn one.

Only Bloomer, managed to scale light. He knew he was close on weight...otherwise why play the rock the wheel/shake the scale game? He's his own worst enemy. Imagine how many more azz kickin's the guy would have delivered throughout his career if he didn't have a chronic case of anal rectitis.

He knew he was close on weight...otherwise why play the rock the wheel/shake the scale game?
    He could see the light, or at least the reflection of the light, from the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit. He could see it was red. He didn't start doing that until near the end when he knew it wasn't making weight. rocking back and forth was likely an attempt to get the car to settle and maybe meet the weight. 2lbs, when weighing something that weighs around 2400lbs. is well within the margin of error. The slightest imbalance or not being perfectly level can cause an error like that or more. He wasn't trying to trick anyone or cheat the system. He was only trying to make sure it was weighing correctly. Any driver would have done the same, if they were smart enough to know.

Also he's been out of the car for 3 months. It's possible he didn't realize he was cutting it so close. Did you know that even the gravity pull of the moon when it's directly overhead can affect weight? It can! Did you know the empire state building and all other tall buildings actually grow a few inches when the moon is direct overhead.

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/...-of-rock-tides

Yes, he was cutting it too close, but he probably didn't know that, or at least that he was cutting it that close because he hasn't raced in months and probably hasn't been weighing the car with himself in it every week.

As for the 2016 incident, he was likely in the right on that one. The track made a stupid decision to install a new set of scales right before the biggest paying race of the year and didn't bother to test and calibrate them properly.

http://www.totallyspeedway.com.au/8-...qualifications

The next month, the Ohio Department of Agriculture found that the scale was “out of tolerance”, indicating weights 15 to 61 pounds too light in six tests, the lawsuit states.

The scales, which Eldora had replaced just before the race, allegedly indicated errors of 37 to 61 pounds, state inspectors found.
    The ohio department of agriculture says he's should have been the rightful winner of the 2016 dream!

Gosh (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) you whine as much as piercefan and Illtsate.

Read the dod article just posted. His rookie crew left off a piece of lead by accident!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    I guess everyone else was asleep at the wheel for 10 minutes. Thanks for clearing it up. He wasted his time doing donuts so the crew could determine he needed to come in.
    Actually in the drivers meeting according to the rules no work on a car under red is to be done....we should have immmeadiately restarted with cars able to continue once track was cleared not give a heat race to fix cars ....that's not in the rules...but they made an exception for the fans and entertainment purposes not for racing but several teams changed to different tires that were not approved or marked for that race and the lineup was not correct as well they allowed Moran and Chamberlan to also start when they was not even on the track for the restart that caused the red. I actually stayed out with my car having severe damage to the body that was not repairable but my car had 4 tires and could steer. I was then forced in

One last thing I have attended many races and raced in a few ...the flag man is actually in charge if the track DOD video clearly shows he was being hit with rain he chose to throw the green flag so regardless of the circumstances of rain the race was active ...the red came out we should of remained on the track till it was clear then resumed racing with cars able to start...it was complete chaos in the designated work zone that officials did not have any control of what was being done on cars then several teams returned to there pits to work on cars that was not a designated work zone and should of resulted in DQ