Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Highside Tickler

Shout out to Kyle Strickler. Looking (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good for his first time at Eldora in a late model. Seen him win a lot of modified races at Carolina Speedway.

great run.. I knew him and Bronson were on way to fast of a pace to keep it up for 100 laps.. was cool to see a lot of the mod guys at Eldora and running well
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Yep, Strickler, Hoffman, Hawkins and a few others need to be in late models. Way more talented than some of the guys running lates now because they have a BIG bag of cash and live on provisionals.

Loved his reaction at drivers intro. You could tell he just enjoyed being there.

Kind of a shady move, aka Davenport RF wheel slam.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I watched that a couple times and that was on JD. He slipped up into Strictler.

Thumbs up

That accident was all JD. He slid up next to him and the touch. Kyle had position and was already running the high groove of the track. I've know Kyle for about 10 years now. That was a racing deal and JD just sild up a little to much and that's all it took. It was a good race. A lot of comer's and goer's during the race.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

You can't really aim for someone's RF when you can't see it. I'm sure he knew he was there, but there was no way that was intentional. Plus that's taking a a high chance of cutting your own LR.

Who is Strickler driving for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Who is Strickler driving for ?
    Eric Wells - Hazard, Kentucky
    Nathan Stephens

2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

He is entertaining, nice to see guys like him and RTJ running some late model stuff. Thornton is one I hope can put together more late model runs. To me his driving style is more like Bloomquist’s, smooth and in control.
    I hate time trials.

You guys must of been watching another race, Strickler came down into JD. Its really plain to see, Strickler seen him down there, and either wanted to change lanes or tried to choke JD down a little coming out onto the straightaway.

Just say no...

You guys must of been watching another race, Strickler came down into JD. Its really plain to see, Strickler seen him down there, and either wanted to change lanes or tried to choke JD down a little coming out onto the straightaway.
    I didn't think so at all. I just posted in the Dream thread I thought it was a racing incident.

Not arguing, but curious if maybe where I was sitting it looked different. T2 right by the Jumbotron, so I was a ways away from that move.

Thumbs up

Dude get off your high horse. Accident happen right in from of me. Davenport slid up. Where was kyle supposed to go. He had position. You for get Davenport had all that room on the bottom side of the track but he slid up the track. Your concept of racing seems to be a bit off.
    Nathan Stephens

LOL the only high horse here that i see is your view.

Pretty simple to see on the video replay. He came down off the wall, along the front stretch, DoD has one carmera angle, its plain to see. You can see the 8 Cars entire right side, the previous laps he was up against the wall, every lap prior. Whether it was a mistake or not, that is a valid argument.

Go ask Davenport what he thought about it.

My concept of racing is off, LOL, that's rich LOL.

Just say no...

Why does EVERY JD fan defend him even when he admits that it was his own fault? He said in an interview that it was completely his fault, but you're going to argue with the driver that was actually in the car and tell him it wasn't his fault? That's just moronic. The same thing happened with the Terbo incident in Florida. JD said it was his fault as everyone could clearly see, but the JD fans argued with him and said it wasn't.

That was nothing but hard racing . LOOK closer . Kyle drove a clean race . No harder
    than Davenport his self . And go ask kyle .
    Last edited by ALLDIRT; 06-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.

If Davenport said that in an Interview, then i stand corrected, i was wrong !

Hard racing yes indeed, sometimes miscalculations happen as well.

The entire race was pretty great really, thought it was one of the better ones.

Just say no...

They are buddies, doubtful one is going to trash the other anyway for something like this.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

LOL the only high horse here that i see is your view.

Pretty simple to see on the video replay. He came down off the wall, along the front stretch, DoD has one carmera angle, its plain to see. You can see the 8 Cars entire right side, the previous laps he was up against the wall, every lap prior. Whether it was a mistake or not, that is a valid argument.

Go ask Davenport what he thought about it.

My concept of racing is off, LOL, that's rich LOL.
    I agree that Strickler came down a bit. But, it was a racing deal all the way. 49 should have left more room.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2