Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Any proof of this? Does race monitor keep or have an archive? Just because pierce posted it doesn't make it true. I know towards end of race b shep waa running his fastest laps. An besides doesn't really matter he put himself behind Thursday/Friday. As a lot of drivers came from back to the front an moved a lot of spots.

He made the race........

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Any proof of this? Does race monitor keep or have an archive? Just because pierce posted it doesn't make it true. I know towards end of race b shep waa running his fastest laps. An besides doesn't really matter he put himself behind Thursday/Friday. As a lot of drivers came from back to the front an moved a lot of spots.
    Maybe he was the fastest car on the track before he pulled off but not fast enough to make any difference.

Bobby's fastest lap was lap 48. 17.656
    McDowell ran 17.650 on the last lap.
    Sheppy's fastest lap came on lap 89. 17.914
    Junghans ran 17.818 at lap 100
    8/13/16

Use your head, why were their fastest laps at the very end of a 100 lap race? It was rubbered up by that point. What Bobby’s lap time shows is that he was as fast as rubber, even in a crowd of cars. By far the fastest car while he was destroying it.

Quote Originally Posted by JK4745 View Post
    People who hate others because their father gave them a racecar are showing their ignorance. Put yourself in that position. If your dad was able to pay for your racing or you were able to offer that opportunity to your child you would be fine with it. Don't hate people for the opportunities they are given in life. Makes you sound like a jealous a s s h o l e.
    I have no particular dog in this fight and I prefer to keep it that way. But, what you say about hating an individual for taking advantage of their heritage is correct. There shouldn't be any of that. Where the animosity usually prevails is when the member of the family linage advantage club isn't all that humble about his/her obvious luck of birth and station in life due to their heritage. I heard a very pertinent colloquial phrase several years ago for which I wish I could take credit but unfortunately, I can't. It goes like this- "no one likes to see or hear someone who was born on 3rd base act and talk like they barely beat out an infield hit and then stole 2nd and 3rd".

#1 Brandon Sheppard DREAM - A-Feature best lap- 89 00:17.914 #32 Bobby Pierce DREAM - A-Feature best lap-48 00:17.656
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Bobby pounding the wall over and over to get it done........no problem with it.

Bobby pounding other cars to get it done, not really a fan of it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    How come no talk of the fastest car on track that pounded the wall and ran an inch of control and disaster to get up to 5th or 6th on track with leader in sight; but alas was one or two laps done... which was unknown to the driver.
    It was an incredible drive that was effectively for not. But that was just another one of the events and spectacles to the night that just made it so wild and unpredictable.

Good job to Bobby for showing everyone how you run the wall at the Big E. I think late in the race Terbo tried to go full Pierce, but it doesn't seem anyone can go full Pierce but the Smooth Operator himself.

As someone that is fine with Bobby but finds his posse super annoying, surprised I haven't heard anything about the run and the protest/pleaing for where he was scored.
    Those thoughts you have in that last paragraph aren't allowed..........you can't like him and hate the posses that follow him.

Just ask.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If you dislike Pierce simply because Bob was able to "provide him a car at birth", you pretty much dislike every driver out there.

Anyone who has their families business on the side is basically in the same boat.

I would find it hard to believe people dislike Bobby because of that, it's because of the drama his posse brings, his shirts, and they also don't like that he wins as a regional driver.

I think Bobby is a great driver, wish him the best, and I love that he saw he didn't have the current sponsors to go run a national tour and he didn't. He's not doing what so many drivers have done, run the He!! Tour and then retire temporarily due to finances as it broke the bank. Makes no sense.

I however, cannot cheer for him because I don't agree with the some of his choices. But they are HIS choice's and he has every right to do what he wants. He puts butts in the seats, sells a TON of shirts, and has a cult like following.

If I lived in Illinois, I would however attend about every event he raced in because he puts on a heck of a show. He's a legit racer.

And for the record, anyone who dislikes him due to his dad "giving" him a race car, have you checked where these other guys got their starts? The exact same way.

Heck, Bob Pierce isn't even in the top 10-15 wealthiest car owners that have their kids driving for them. Take some time and dig into some of the other drivers, their parents own gas station franchises, oil companies(multiple), COAL, barge companies, septic service companies, junkyards, big towing companies, etc. Very few came from a racing background with successful racing parents, maybe local track stars but not like Donnie or Bob.

Those people all have way more family financial backing then Bobby does. And Bobby is doing the best he can with what he has.

I can't believe I sort of stuck up for the Pierces here, didn't ever see this day coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcat View Post
    If you dislike Pierce simply because Bob was able to "provide him a car at birth", you pretty much dislike every driver out there.

Anyone who has their families business on the side is basically in the same boat.

I would find it hard to believe people dislike Bobby because of that, it's because of the drama his posse brings, his shirts, and they also don't like that he wins as a regional driver.

I think Bobby is a great driver, wish him the best, and I love that he saw he didn't have the current sponsors to go run a national tour and he didn't. He's not doing what so many drivers have done, run the He!! Tour and then retire temporarily due to finances as it broke the bank. Makes no sense.

I however, cannot cheer for him because I don't agree with the some of his choices. But they are HIS choice's and he has every right to do what he wants. He puts butts in the seats, sells a TON of shirts, and has a cult like following.

If I lived in Illinois, I would however attend about every event he raced in because he puts on a heck of a show. He's a legit racer.

And for the record, anyone who dislikes him due to his dad "giving" him a race car, have you checked where these other guys got their starts? The exact same way.

Heck, Bob Pierce isn't even in the top 10-15 wealthiest car owners that have their kids driving for them. Take some time and dig into some of the other drivers, their parents own gas station franchises, oil companies(multiple), COAL, barge companies, septic service companies, junkyards, big towing companies, etc. Very few came from a racing background with successful racing parents, maybe local track stars but not like Donnie or Bob.

Those people all have way more family financial backing then Bobby does. And Bobby is doing the best he can with what he has.

I can't believe I sort of stuck up for the Pierces here, didn't ever see this day coming.

This sh!t's a joke , What about Brandon Shepard , Kyle Strickler , Zack Dohm .
    Everyone in the race made it . Hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    This sh!t's a joke , What about Brandon Shepard , Kyle Strickler , Zack Dohm .
    Everyone in the race made it . Hahahaha.
    Not sure what you mean? I wasn't saying Bobby was better, faster, or anything. Just pointing out info about other family owned rides.

Trust me, I was one of the happiest people there when he didn't win. Love all the guys you mention and just posted similar.

Wonder what the future holds for Strickler now after that good showing....

People trying to look at lap times to determine if Bobby really was fastest on track... boys and girls, the one doing all the passing is the fastest. He went from last on track to 6th or 5th on track with the leader in sight. That was the fastest car at that stage.
    As someone else posted; yes, he did run some lead lap guys hard with contact and some iffy sliders. But it all basically worked out.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by Madcat View Post
    Not sure what you mean? I wasn't saying Bobby was better, faster, or anything. Just pointing out info about other family owned rides.

Trust me, I was one of the happiest people there when he didn't win. Love all the guys you mention and just posted similar.

Wonder what the future holds for Strickler now after that good showing....
    Nothing towards you , just all the post on about Bobby when so many others out
    performed him . What about everyone who done so well , rather than about someone
    who was two laps down .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Nothing towards you , just all the post on about Bobby when so many others out
    performed him . What about everyone who done so well , rather than about someone
    who was two laps down .
    Gotcha, sorry.

Heck, even Bronson looked legit out there.

Bobbys Family is a long way from being RICH,, Bobbys Dad made money to keep them feed but they a long way from being Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Bobbys Family is a long way from being RICH,, Bobbys Dad made money to keep them feed but they a long way from being Rich.
    You can tell by expensive crew chief shirts Bob wears.lol
    8/13/16

Pierce finished 21st of 28 cars. Why is there any chatter at all?

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Pierce finished 21st of 28 cars. Why is there any chatter at all?
    Probably because we are raced fans????...we like to talk about racing?? Just a couple reasons....didn't know you could only talk about the guys finishing up front....must be a new thing snowflakes created...I guess we could talk about the mid pack cars driving around in circles....did you see how Bronson made that left turn???
    Wooo...man that was exciting...the way he was following Overton....that was awesome...oh and did you happen to see the way Reaume was following Bronson?? Epic....lap after lap....it was great...smh...

Well bige somebody just got done saying he was by far the fastest car on the track the latter half of the race so your theory don't hold any weight...

The fact that people LEAP at the chance to knock him and get themselves all bent out of shape makes me giddy, just goes to show how polarizing a driver he is, you guys are losing by the way lol...