FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 10, 2019

Dale McDowell Finishes Second in Thrilling Dream Finale
LOLMDS at Smoky Mountain Speedway Up Next

Mooresburg, Tennessee (06/10/19) – Dale McDowell came up just a few feet shy of claiming his second Dirt Late Model Dream title on Saturday night. The driver of the Shane McDowell Racing/ E-Z-Go #17m New Era Industrial/ Will Kinzer Foundation/ Sweet-Bloomquist Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model finished a mere 0.056 seconds behind the race winner.

“That was probably the most painful second-place finish I’ve ever experienced,” McDowell quipped. “To be that close to the win and come up just short is tough. I mean, it was a $105,000 difference between first and second place. When we came to the checkered flag, Brandon [Sheppard] and I came together. It was hard racing for the win. So, we rubbed a little bit and we ended up spinning out. I mean I was trying to get to the flag first obviously.”

McDowell was able to make a late-race charge, but his chances of winning were thwarted by a slowing, lapped car.

“The racetrack actually cleaned up there in the bottom those last couple laps and I was able to make some big gains,” McDowell note. “I went into turn three and Jimmy Owens was pulling into the pits so I had to actually swing a little bit wide so that killed me a little bit getting into the corner. We came up short, and that’s disappointing, but it was still a strong weekend for our team. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.”

Thursday night found Dale McDowell and the Shane McDowell Racing team in action at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) for the opening round of the 25th annual Dirt Late Model Dream. With a stout field of 92 Super Late Models registered for action, McDowell secured his spot into the $10,000-to-win preliminary feature with a 10-lap heat race victory. Starting in seventh, Dale improved three spots in the 25-lapper to score a fourth-place finish behind Ricky Weiss, Chris Madden, and Jacob Hawkins.

Returning on Friday for another round of preliminary features, McDowell jumped up two spots in his heat, scoring a third-place finish. With $10,000 on the line in the 25-lap feature, Dale passed five cars to claim a sixth-place finish.

Wrapping up the 25th annual Dirt Late Model Dream on Saturday evening, Dale edged his way into the $125,000-to-win finale with the third-and-final transfer spot in his heat race.

Rolling off 13th for the crown jewel finale, McDowell worked his way up to the eighth position by lap 31 and climbed into the Top-5 by the halfway point. Closing in on race leader, Brandon Sheppard late in the 100-lap affair, Dale made a strong big for the top spot exiting the final corner but came up .056 seconds short at the finish line as he and Sheppard made contact, causing McDowell to spin into turn one. He was credited with a runner-up finish behind Sheppard. Shane Clanton, Chris Ferguson and Tyler Erb completed the Top 5.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

This Saturday the team returns to action with a trip to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee), where a $15,000-to-win program will be held for the Lucas Oil Late Dirt Series.

For more information on the event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Shane McDowell Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including E-Z-Go, Kinzer Drilling, Quality Natural Gas, New Era Industrial, C&S Transportation, Cometic Gaskets, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Will Kinzer Foundation, Spring Pro, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Go Lithium, Penske Shocks, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, MSD Ignition, All Star Performance, Performance Bodies, Five-Star Bodies, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, DMI Racing Products, Jones Racing Products, Safecraft Safety Equipment, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Dyers Top Rods, QuickCar, PEM Racing, Walker Filterations, Mark IV ATV's, Winters Rearends, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, 613 Graphics, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Shane McDowell Racing please visit www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com .