For Immediate Release
June 10, 2019

Tyler Erb Finishes Fifth in the Dirt Late Model Dream
LOLMDS Triple Header Scheduled for This Weekend

St. Marys, Ohio (06/10/19) – It was a home-game kind of weekend for Tyler Erb as he and Best Performance Motorsports thundered into the famed Eldora Speedway (Rossburg Ohio) for the 25th running of the Dirt Late Model Dream.

The weekend ended with Erb piloting the Best Performance Motorsports No. 1 New Point Lighting and Design/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model to a Top-5 finish in the finale for the crown jewel.

"The first 40-50 laps [of Saturday night’s finale] I was trying to kind of save my stuff, but I was slipping backwards so I knew it was time to go by the time we got to the midway point," Erb said. "I'm happy with our performance, but it's kind of disappointing too. It's so hard to get to the front of these big races, so when you get this close you really want to win. When I got to second, I made some mistakes that cost us some position on the track. With what we've learned here, hopefully we can come back and win the World 100 in September. We just have to keep digging."

Located just down the road from their St. Mary's Ohio shop, the team invaded Eldora Speedway on Thursday night as the first crown jewel event of the 2019 campaign came to life. With 92 competitors on hand for the opener, Tyler streaked to a heat-race win, which locked him into the fifth-starting spot for the 25-lap, $10,000-to-win, preliminary feature. He would go on to fight a tight race car home to an eighth-place finish.

On Friday evening, the field was again split into a pair of $10,000-to-win programs. Tyler qualified ninth fastest in his group, which positioned him in the second starting spot for his heat race. He slipped to a third-place performance in the heat, but the finish was good enough to send him to the 25-lap, preliminary feature, where he started ninth. He again found himself chasing the handle on his No. 1 entry. He crossed the finish line in 11th.

Via his performances in preliminary action, Tyler was positioned third on the grid for his Saturday night heat race. A charge to a second-place finish locked him into seventh-starting spot for the coveted, $125,000-to-win finale in front of a massive crowd.

During the early stages of the 100-lap affair Erb would slip back in the pack to just outside the Top 10. However, as the race progressed, so did the forward drive for the Texas native. By the late stages of the event he battled for the runner-up position before slipping to a fifth-place finish following a late-race restart. He followed Brandon Sheppard, Dale McDowell, Shane Clanton, and Chris Ferguson across the finish line.

For complete results from the weekend, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

The upcoming weekend – June 13-15 – will find Best Performance Motorsports back on the road with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS). Action opens with a $10,000-to-win feature on Thursday night at North Carolina’s Fayetteville Motor Speedway. Friday night will see the team rolling into Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina) for a $12,000-to-win race before wrapping things up with a $15,000-to-win race at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee).

Tyler is currently third in the latest LOLMDS standings and continues to lead the Rookie of the Year points. For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Make sure to visit www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com to pick up the latest team merchandise.

Best Performance Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Bulk Material Lift, Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Corey Frazer State Farm, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Champion Brands, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Barnes Systems Inc., Powers Performance, Butlerbuilt, Impact Race Gear, Heath Lawson Photography, Swift Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, ASI Racewear, Fragola Performance Systems, Dirt Defender, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Performance Race Engineering, Five Star Race Car Bodies Rocket Chassis, R&R Design and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1 and www.instagram.com/bestperformancemotorsports .