Thread: Spring rods

Default Spring rods

Who is producing these with the internal spring/rubber bushing?

i believe its custom made, but i may be wrong

It is a back room, non-catalog part available if you know the secret password.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It is a back room, non-catalog part available if you know the secret password.
    If OP was talking the one that being looked for at the dream then Correct, it's a large parts manufacturer but they aren't or weren't being sold to just anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    If OP was talking the one that being looked for at the dream then Correct, it's a large parts manufacturer but they aren't or weren't being sold to just anyone.
    Actually, it was from a video on Racer Know How. He said he was a former member of H. Oneals team. He gave some basic info on them and where they were being used (which bar/bars). He said there are some truly innovative people working on dlms these days. lol

The password is "Taco".

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    The password is "Taco".
    With or without a tariff?

I heard the password is just the sound of one opening their wallet!

They didn't find one but did find one car that had a standard non hidden spring rod that was made to remove it. Least that is what I was told, true or false I can't say.

I have never found any of those to be worth anything, least as far as how I do things and it never helped the cars I help and I've tried about all of them. I'm sure it might help in certain situations but I haven't found one and they also make the cars inconsistent from what others have told me that ran them for a while or thought they helped.

The first experience I ever had with those was back in the 90s on 4 link cars just as 4 links were returning from their 10 year hiatus in the dlm world. Back then, it was a way to tighten corner exit by putting it on the rr top bar. It did do that. There were a few years where putting it on was one of my go to slow track adjustments.

Like Billet, I see little value in it these days.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The first experience I ever had with those was back in the 90s on 4 link cars just as 4 links were returning from their 10 year hiatus in the dlm world. Back then, it was a way to tighten corner exit by putting it on the rr top bar. It did do that. There were a few years where putting it on was one of my go to slow track adjustments.

Like Billet, I see little value in it these days.
    Since our team was one of the first to be sponsored by Penske, we were fortunate to r&d their "hydraulic dampener"! We used it about the same way you mentioned but with its internal shock valving you could really fine tune the rollsteer.

Just for giggles , I stuck it on the rr of a 3 link mod one night.....what a difference it made! If I was running a 3 link mod class, I would definitely be running the internal spring one.