Thread: Cbr???

Default Cbr???

What is it with Clint Bowyer Racing? They’ve really not ever had the success that, I think, would be a top notch team. Not bashing or causing an uproar, but really wonder were the problem is that the team has less wins/finishes than you’d expect. Serious question: what’s the scoop?

Beats me, but I think it may be a case of too many chiefs and not enough indians.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Or just a chief that has no clue what's going on.

Default Cbr

I hear it is run like a Nascar team. Driver says it is this or that here or there and the crew chief makes the call and does the changes, or has the adjustment done.
    Got to be odd for someone like Lanigan who has pretty well controlled all his own adjustments and decisions on the cars. After he leaves CBR, he looks a lot better and more competitive with his new car. Funny how that happens, and not with just Lanigan. Davenport as well.

Just what I was told several years ago.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

it all comes down to money, the other way. at the end of the night the drivers are cashing a pretty nice check no matter how they run. im not saying they are not wheelmen, cause they are two of the best out there, but they will still get paid whether they win or not.

I'm sure there paid just like anyone else on tour. Base salary and a percentage, so not making shows and finishing out of the top 10. That check may not be as large as some would think. Richards surprises me the most, after he left the #1 house car for best, it was like rocket domination in both series. Yr. 2 in the best ride and continues to the CBR ride he looks awful at times.

As long as Anthony Burroughs is calling the shots, they will continue to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by chad1888 View Post
    it all comes down to money, the other way. at the end of the night the drivers are cashing a pretty nice check no matter how they run. im not saying they are not wheelmen, cause they are two of the best out there, but they will still get paid whether they win or not.
    But at what time does reputation, knowing your better than this, come to realize?
    These drivers are better than the results and you know they know what they need.
    So do they not get any say just cause Burroughs is there?

It seems like if everything but one thing/person changes, and the wins still don't come, someone is just refusing to see the light. Maybe some kind of blind loyalty deal between Bowyer and this guy.

“As long as Anthony Burroughs is calling the shots, they will continue to fail.”

We have a winner !!!!!

It’s obvious AB is the problem. He was there in 2013. Then left in 2014 to go try “racing”again and they miraculously win the LOLMDS title? Then comes back in 2015 and no change since but they’ve had BWRC, Black Diamond, Club29 when Lanigan came on board, and now XR1s and still can’t get out of their own way.
    I’ve seen it with my own eyes: a driver gets out and tells him what’s wrong and what he needs, AB agrees and does it, then the driver rides off to watch a heat race or check the track and AB changes it to what he wants and not what he just did for the driver. Talk about ego man....it’s not working. Get over yourself.

If you’re not listening to what Josh Richards thinks a Rocket needs, you’re an idiot.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If Clint loses his cush SHR after this year, we'll see drastic changes for sure!! If you make $10 million a year, losing $500k isn't such a big deal!! But when that gravy train ends, a huge pay cut comes to all involved! CBR does seem cursed, since the Championship!!

AB wrenches both cars? Must stay pretty busy.

I just hate seeing great talent going to waste. I mean I like CB and know he loves the sport. But look at your situation. CBR could and should be one of the best teams out there! Make a change for the better of the team!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod&ready View Post
    I just hate seeing great talent going to waste. I mean I like CB and know he loves the sport. But look at your situation. CBR could and should be one of the best teams out there! Make a change for the better of the team!
    CBR has consistently turned top tier drivers and top tier equipment into mid-pack finishes. No outfit does less with more on a national level. Been that way for years.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I doubt O'Neal would walk away, but I think if richards doesn't get what he wants as far as setup and finishes go, he will walk. Maybe then CB will see the lightr,,