Default Question for Billetbirdcage

I've gone to watch a few races in the last few weeks (For the first time in years.) and I started thinking........if I move all the stuff that is piled up on that ol' '98 Rayburn that is still sitting in my shop, cut the body mounts loose and re-mount the body 5" lower on the right front and 8" higher on the left rear, will it run with the new XR-1's? (Snicker, snicker.....How ya been, Billet?)

It just might be better. The new setups compromise some of the traction available through suspension as a trade-off for more aero traction. If we were allowed to go back to wedge bodies, (not that it’d be a good thing) the cars would be way easier to drive and probably faster than today’s stuff. I don’t drive myself, but rough tracks can’t be fun when you’re off the springs and deep into a bumpstop.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    I've gone to watch a few races in the last few weeks (For the first time in years.) and I started thinking........if I move all the stuff that is piled up on that ol' '98 Rayburn that is still sitting in my shop, cut the body mounts loose and re-mount the body 5" lower on the right front and 8" higher on the left rear, will it run with the new XR-1's? (Snicker, snicker.....How ya been, Billet?)
    It might: "IF YOU HIRE A DRIVER"

EDIT: Also add a new set up guy, new maintenance guy, new pit crew, and all new equipment

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    It might: "IF YOU HIRE A DRIVER"

EDIT: Also add a new set up guy, new maintenance guy, new pit crew, and all new equipment
    Thanks, Billet........I can feel the love !!!!! Hahahaha...