Default Summer Nationals

Just looking for some opinions on how the weather is looking for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday races this week. It's nearly an 8hr drive to Jacksonville tomorrow. I really hate to come all the way there just to watch it rain. If it happens to come a rain before the races start, are these tracks good about trying to run the track in and racing regardless. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.....

I went to Jacksonville last year and they basically canceled as soon as the first drop of rain hit. I think UMP makes the calls, and based on my several Summernantionals experiences over the years they never make any attempt to run the track back in once it rains after the show has started.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 06-17-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I went to Jacksonville last year and they basically canceled as soon as the first drop of rain hit. I think UMP makes the calls, and based on my several Summernantionals experiences over the years they never make any attempt to run the track back in once it rains after the show has started.
    That’s sure the way it went down last Friday

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Just looking for some opinions on how the weather is looking for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday races this week. It's nearly an 8hr drive to Jacksonville tomorrow. I really hate to come all the way there just to watch it rain. If it happens to come a rain before the races start, are these tracks good about trying to run the track in and racing regardless. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.....
    Jacksonville weather is looking good at this point.

Belleville the next night not good at all. Belleville's track could handle a rain or two, I don't know about their pits and grounds though.

Pontoon Beach looking good at this time.

Fairbury is iffy. No steady rain forecasted.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 06-17-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Jacksonville has a curfew so, that could be the reason they don't try and work the track in. I'm not sure on their specials if they can go over.

Jacksonville looks ok, Belleville looks bad for Wednesday..they run at Bellevile if they can but the track gets rutted pretty bad and tears up cars, besides already being a 1/5 mile...Tcity looks good for Friday..and I plan on hitting Haubstadt Sunday..always a good show..not sure where you're coming from ?..I live in Arnold and have plenty of room for ya if you need a place to sleep..i travel to races a lot and know how that can be

Thanks for the info guys. RT, I do appreciate the invite. I have my wife is going along so I figure I will be getting a suite every night. We are only doing 3 races. I gotta get back home Friday and get our car ready. We have a state series race Saturday at Greenville MS.

ok 99....well invite open to anyone from outta town coming to St. louis for races..next month two Lucas shows at Tri City...I caught the USMTS in Greenville two years ago in February..good race..first trip there for me

Mother natures water truck is due to run out of fuel at some time isn't It?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Mother natures water truck is due to run out of fuel at some time isn't It?
    Only if it wants to. it has a lot of water it can use on us at all most any time it wants to..Lets hope it runs out of gas soon.