Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Eastbay, FALS, Macon, Bubba, Eldora

This not in any special order just my thoughts on top 5. I-80 , Tyler County, Cedar Lake, Fairbury, and Knoxville. The last being Knoxville , not some much side by side but the racing is always good there, the other 4 dont buy the whole seat cause you'll only need the edge. In their hey day you could put East Bay and Bulls Gap and Lernerville in there, not so much now though.

Fairbury 1 use to love Danville.. Still love FarmerCity and they trying hard to make it a better place. thing is 3 i loved a lot closed now..
    Boswell be for they put 40 foot of dirt in the middle of it and killed it
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 06-23-2019 at 09:17 PM.

It’s hard to beat the atmosphere at FALS. Top 5? Who knows...but there is no chance you’ll not have fun at that joint. The whole town revolves around that race track and it’s pretty darn cool.

Are we talking the 5 best dirt late model racetracks in the country? If so, Fairbury and Jacksonville are for sure in the top 5. However, I wouldn't rank Fairbury in the all around top 5. Not even close. Eldora and Knoxville are in the top 5 of all dirt tracks. Ventura Raceway out in Ventura, California is definitely all around top 5, for sure, and Perris Auto Speedway in Perris, California is also top 5 over all. Kokomo Speedway and Jacksonville Speedway are a toss-up for the 5th spot on the list of all around best.

I'm sure there are dirt track fans out east who would have a different top 5 and they would make a legitimate case.

Quote Originally Posted by cirf View Post
    are we talking the 5 best dirt late model racetracks in the country? If so, fairbury and jacksonville are for sure in the top 5. However, i wouldn't rank fairbury in the all around top 5. Not even close. Eldora and knoxville are in the top 5 of all dirt tracks. Ventura raceway out in ventura, california is definitely all around top 5, for sure, and perris auto speedway in perris, california is also top 5 over all. Kokomo speedway and jacksonville speedway are a toss-up for the 5th spot on the list of all around best.

I'm sure there are dirt track fans out east who would have a different top 5 and they would make a legitimate case.
    no. I'm talking 5 best dirt tracks in america period by the action on the track.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Best 5 I've been to, Eldora, Atomic, West Virginia motor speedway, florence, golden isles.

I haven’t been to that many tracks but of the ones I’ve been to is eldora Port royal and Tyler county. Trying to get to fals this year!!

I94, River Cities, Cedar Lake, I80, Park Jefferson

FALS, East Bay, Marshalltown, Tri State, Macon

Fairbury and Tri State are the only two that I’ve been to in person but after watching numerous videos and PPVs over the years, the other 3 would be the first 3 tracks I’d like to knock off the bucket list if I had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Fairbury is top five. Wish Brownstown would pattern this place. I wouldn't put B-town in the top 100 at this point.
    You left a zero off top 1000!!
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

I should say...the fair board runs it, along with the Legion
    Last edited by ride height; 06-24-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Without question Knoxville is the best track.

Knoxville
    Deer Creek
    FALS
    Cedar Lake
    I-80

Hard to not have Eldora on that list but I honestly think these are better. I'd have Eldora #6

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    no. I'm talking 5 best dirt tracks in america period by the action on the track.
    Okay, thanks for the verification.

The longer you think about it the more confounding this subject can become. Over the years we've seen some of the most exciting racing ever at Macon Speedway produced by both the dirt late models and the midgets. It's imperative to include The Chili Bowl track in Tulsa if we're talking consistent great racing year in and year out! I don't know if the Chili Bowl track itself produces the consistent great racing or if it's the overall high quality of the competitors.

Just about every track can host spectacular racing on any given night. In the case of FALS the quality of late model and modified competition has been as consistently high as anywhere on a week to week basis and it's been that way for decades. That bears the question to be asked, is it the track or is it more about the high quality of competition. I surely don't know the answer, maybe some of you other gentlemen do.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-24-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Fairbury is definitely Top 5 in the country when it comes to consistent top notch racing action on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    Fairbury is definitely Top 5 in the country when it comes to consistent top notch racing action on the track.
    I can't completely disagree but we attended the 2018 WoO's Sprint Car event at FALS and most of the sprint car A-main was a rubbered up choo-choo. The most exciting portion of the event was watching Jacob Allen and Kyle Larson, among a couple others, totally decimate the overall FALS track record in qualifying. We had friends who drove a substantial distance to Fairbury specifically to watch the WoO's and they came away somewhat disappointed. Especially after all the hype I'd given them as to how great FALS is and how racy the track is. They took a pass on the WoO event at FALS this year. The point is they have a much different opinion of FALS than those of us who regularly attend. That's what make this topic so subjective. Most times it's the luck of the draw.

Top 5 I've Been To:
    1. Eldora
    2. Knoxville
    3. Cedar Lake
    4. I-80
    5. East Bay (Not for the facility, but saw alot of good races there)

Eldora, Florence, FALS, Atomic and Lucas Oil.
    I think Florence by far has the best sight lines to watch a race. You can see everything there.
    It would be nice if Eldora put all pits out of infield or lowered infield. No matter where you sit at Eldora you miss 30% of the race due to not seeing the racing action.

Play4kps
    I have to disagree with you on Eldora. My seats are patio section AA and the view of the track is not blocked other than at the bottom next to the wall in turn #2 . The part of the track where the racing takes place is fine. I think missing 30% of the race is a streatch- but this is just my take of the view my seating location. 🏁🏁

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    is California even still in america ??????