Default Club 29 Race Cars

If this question has been answered before, I apologize in advance. Now that the relationship with Black Diamond has been severed, does Lanigan have another chassis builder build the frames before he finishes them up, or are they being built from scratch in his Kentucky shop?

I think they mentioned in one of the write ups that it was gonna be completely in house. But how true that is i couldn't say

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    If this question has been answered before, I apologize in advance. Now that the relationship with Black Diamond has been severed, does Lanigan have another chassis builder build the frames before he finishes them up, or are they being built from scratch in his Kentucky shop?
    relationship severed?? did i miss something?

"relationship severed?? did i miss something?"

Stuckey and Lanigan ended their relationship at the end of last year where Black Diamond would supply the chassis and Lanigan would finish the cars in his shop in Kentucky and put his own "Club 29" finishes to them and sell them as Club 29 race cars. The million dollar question is does he have the same type arrangement with another builder or is he now building them "start to finish" out the door?????

Well all I can say is Lanigan got away from CBR and things are definitely on the upswing. I'm not sure who runs CBR's dirt program but CB needs to look beyond equipment and drivers. He needs to look at who is making the final decisions on set ups.

Totally agree!!!

ever think once these guys get a paycheck no matter what , it takes some of there drive away? big differnce in mentality when you get a check weekly compared to no win no pay!

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry13 View Post
    ever think once these guys get a paycheck no matter what , it takes some of there drive away? big differnce in mentality when you get a check weekly compared to no win no pay!
    Lanigan might as well be a Vanderbilt compared to the average Joe. I don't think that factors in with him.

Clint Boyer’s brother is the general manager of the Dirt late model teams.

^^^^^didn't know that. Mite just be the issue.

Not a bad gig if you can get it.....good on Clint for taking care of family.

But he's got to go, no offense.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry13 View Post
    I’ve heard this theory thrown around quite a bit but I personally don’t put much stock into that theory for a a couple reasons. I don’t know how their contracts are structured compared to other drivers but you’d have to think that there’s performance clauses in their contracts meaning the better they do, the more they get paid. The other thing is, these guys are racers and competitors at heart. Even if last paid just as much as first place, they would still be going out there doing all they could to win. I refuse to believe that the less than stellar results are because they don’t care anymore if they get a guaranteed check.

I agree with blueberry. Having worked on commission most of my life there is definitely more hunger to work harder than when I was on salary.

Francis, Lanigan, Richards, O'Neal, were all WoO, or Lucas champs at one point in their careers.

They are all fierce competitors, and racecar drivers to the bone.

NONE of them are out there just to tool around for 50 laps, I don't care how many zero are or are not at the end of the check.

CBR's issues are not the guys in the driver's seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Francis, Lanigan, Richards, O'Neal, were all WoO, or Lucas champs at one point in their careers.

NONE of them are out there just to tool around for 50 laps, I don't care how many zero are or are not at the end of the check.

O’Neal won the Lucas championship for CBR even.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post

There is something to the speculation. Lanigan, for example, has always been a hands on guy, but when he was with CBR he was not right there working on the car during the night like he does when it's his stuff. I'm not saying he never helped, but not to the extent that he is known to on his own car. More than likely he had differing opinions about the cars that were not being heard.

Josh made mention at the beginning of the season about how he has never been 'just a driver' like he would be at CBR. I think leaving the decisions up to someone who isn't strapped in the car has been a problem. I look for Josh to become more involved as time goes on, he's not one to be content running 5th. Don Oneal spends more time with the crew than most CBR drivers, which is why I think he has had the most success out of all of them. (not that he's been stellar)

Management at Bowyer Dirt is a collaboration with Casey, Clint's brother and Chip Williams. Chip is Clint's day to day manager.

So getting back to my original topic......who besides Lanigan himself, is running a "new" Club 29 car this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    So getting back to my original topic......who besides Lanigan himself, is running a "new" Club 29 car this year?
    I think Chub and Boom have them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bub McCool