Default dynamic wheel load numbers

If i had the ability to pull my car down to what i think it is dynamically in the corner, what should the goal be for numbers on the scale pads? I know each car will be different, but is there a certain goal to look to achieve? example: rf,rr,lr numbers close to each other as possible for "balanced" car? Sorry if this a dumb question. I see all the pull down stuff and just wonder what the goal is once you do it?

I am by no means an expert... but just thinking about why and how you race these cars ........if your fast, it would establish a baseline for future adjustments... minor tweaks to improve... if your off the pace, it might guide you in the correct direction.... you have to use accurate data to know where to go.... Lots harder to do on a mod....use your shock travel indicators , a tape measure and simple math to estimate spring load ( NOT TIRE LOAD !).... if your compressing a 400# spring on the RF 3"... that's 1200# spring load... big difference from spring load to tire load.....got to calculate the motion ratio of the lower a arm.... say it is .5... so the tire load is 600#..... then the fun begins... figuring out what to do next.....

Quote Originally Posted by DrDuctTape View Post
    If i had the ability to pull my car down to what i think it is dynamically in the corner, what should the goal be for numbers on the scale pads? I know each car will be different, but is there a certain goal to look to achieve? example: rf,rr,lr numbers close to each other as possible for "balanced" car? Sorry if this a dumb question. I see all the pull down stuff and just wonder what the goal is once you do it?
    People get way too wrapped up in pull down stuff. It has limited value, imo.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Pulldown rig is a waste of time unless you have a telemetry system. They go hand and hand. If you would like to do some testing with data acquisition and get some time on a pulldown rig, contact me via private message for more information.

I agree with the data acquisition, i seen a car come off a pull down and it was complete crap, and another that was great, same numbers essentially. So there was something missing, the on track data acquisition i think would tell you more about how the CG is working, centrifugal forces etc, the pull down is just a flat plane.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I agree with the data acquisition, i seen a car come off a pull down and it was complete crap, and another that was great, same numbers essentially. So there was something missing, the on track data acquisition i think would tell you more about how the CG is working, centrifugal forces etc, the pull down is just a flat plane.
    With no data, you don't know where to pull it to.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Can't forget you need someone that knows how to interpret the data as well. That is the most important factor in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachdirtlife View Post
    Can't forget you need someone that knows how to interpret the data as well. That is the most important factor in my opinion.
    If you can't read the data, you don't really have data.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Of course, as for how far to pull down, what i seen was full travel on the RF and RR, and Full extension on the LR. Which kinda told me that it was false test because you dont see those numbers on the race track typically, or maybe you do, you would need some kind of data going into the pull down to know where to stop.

Anyway, i think there cool, and have there place, but maybe there in the 1st stages of development.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Of course, as for how far to pull down, what i seen was full travel on the RF and RR, and Full extension on the LR. Which kinda told me that it was false test because you dont see those numbers on the race track typically, or maybe you do, you would need some kind of data going into the pull down to know where to stop.

Anyway, i think there cool, and have there place, but maybe there in the 1st stages of development.
    Its pretty likely that all those travel limits are not hit at the same time. Even if they are, it is just an instant in the course of a complete lap around the track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

There are so many transitions for forces and movements in one lap than most would ever believe. One lap is never the same as another. Just like no car is identical. To achieve balance, you are more suiting the drivers needs than the dynamics of the racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachdirtlife View Post
    There are so many transitions for forces and movements in one lap than most would ever believe. One lap is never the same as another. Just like no car is identical. To achieve balance, you are more suiting the drivers needs than the dynamics of the racecar.
    I've seen data from good drivers. The laps overlay pretty well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1