Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tri city

Another promoter blaming the fans, same ole same ole.

Last time I went to tri city got there at hot laps and left 7 hours later. During this 7 hours delay I went to look for management, i didnt have a pit pass so I had to settle talking to the pit gate guy and the girl working the beer stand in hope it got told to top management. So if I cant be heard at the track where do I have left to voice my displeasure? What if the manager of a restaurant doesnt come to your table when you have trouble, that wouldn't make many people happy. As I got there a dad and his son got there around hot laps. The boy start falling asleep so they left at 11 BEFORE THE HEATS WERE FINISHED. You lost a potential life long fan in that kid. So is the guy who has to sit through the whole race to blame and complains the only way they can or the promoter who cant get their head out of their backside.
    So Tammy Gundaker maybe instead of blaming people on the internet maybe you should look in the mirror.
    Aaron Reid
    Former Tri-city customer
    Ps. This is the first time I posted this anywhere on the internet.
    Last edited by reid boys; 06-26-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Tammy was only trying to explain the track conditions and how much rain the track got. She meant to tell people that they don't have control of the type dirt used at the dome race. I have been going to Tri-City for years, my step son race their in a street stock and late model, getting racing experience. They race a lot of different classes giving the young drivers a class to start in. People get on 4m complaining about this driver that driver, this track that track, dog and pony choo-choo races. I was at Tri-City a couple weeks ago and the track was smooth and racy. I was also at Tues. SN show, and yes it got rough, but I saw some great racing and watch some exciting races. I watched every race and left the track before midnight.

Why anyone would want to be in the owning of a dirt track business is beyond me. The stress can’t equal the gain. No way. But I’m glad there are people who do so we can watch races. I’m afraid it’s not going to be long and they’ll all be gone. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-City Speedway View Post
    I've seen some really negative comments on here about the track service. With 6" of rain for 3 days prior to the race our staff worked the track the best they could with the current conditions here in the Midwest.

This is EXACTLY what's wrong with our racing. People get on here and bash the tracks for trying. Their is nothing you can do about mother nature you do the best you can with what you got. My husband has been racing for over 35 years when they didn't have all the technology they have today, heck they didn't even have power steering. Driver's ran on every surface possible and they showed up. Also the cars these days are so Aero Dynamic with the shocks and springs their cars are upset easily.

If a track has a bad, rough track it's so easy to get on here a talk bad and bash them ask yourself how many tracks are still open. This is why Promoter's are closing them their tired of people ruining the sport with their negativity.

To the gentleman who made the comment about the Dome. Just so everyone is aware the DIRT that is in the dome is contracted by a company and used for AMA/Flat Track/Dome all dirt events. It's NOT racetrack dirt like most surfaces their's only so much you can do with basically sand that won't stay together. Again more NEGATIVITY.

Tracks will stay open, Driver's will have a place to race, Fans will have a place to go if we stay POSITIVE!!!!

Also anytime anybody would like to come to any track and offer to help get ready for an event and prepare a racetrack with multiple conditions please call any Promoter they would rather have your help than bash them.

We will continue to work our butts off and do the best we can and give the Driver's and Fans good racing.

Please stop all this negative comments about Tracks their closing left and right

Thank you
    Tammy Gundaker
    Tri City Speedway
    You have to take the bad with the good. Trying to tell people to be only positive will only draw more negative attention.

Just run the track the best you can and earn your success....

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    having thin skin is just as petty. Its 2019, yes people get on social media, and message boards to voice their opinion. You will never win being standoffish to fans online. Also your comment about how LMs have evolved so much, which makes them upset easier a. maybe tracks need to catch up and evolve as well.
    In this case she is right, the cars want a dry smooth as glass surface, but in reality that makes for some very poor racing.

There are many tracks across the country closed up, if anyone thinks they have the answer to run a show where you can make everyone happy every night, by all means go rent or buy one and show us all how it's done.