Thread: WoO 2020

Default WoO 2020

https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodel...y/late-models/

WoO will open their season in January in Vado, NM. 3 day show paying 5k, 5k, and 15k to win.
    I assume this will be the earliest ever start for a National Tour, starting their season January 3-5.

Noteworthy, only the best 3 of the first 7 nights of WoO competition will count towards points. This includes the 3 shows @ Vado and 4 nights @ Volusia.

Also, The Winter Freeze at Screven will run unsanctioned Feb 7-8. Paying 10k, and 20k to win.
    Last edited by Ryan21mid; 06-26-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Great news for late model racing and fans out west... tie this in with the WWSO the week after and we could see some really great racing and hopefully unfamiliar faces (to us out here).

Somewhat surprised with Casey Shuman's position with the WOOLMS and the fact that his parent's promote Arizona Speedway that the WWSO is not also WoO sanctioned giving teams an extra incentive for a nice western swing to start the season?

Arizona Speedway is promoted by Jonah Trussell and the facility is leased to Chris Kearns and a partner for the WWSO.

Flagone.....Thanks I knew you would have the correct information.

Screven dropping the woo mite just be a disaster. But I also won't be surprised to hear that the woo wouldn't give them the dates. They run the 4 cylinders for a large purse and it just makes for a really late night. SLM heats hitting the track at 10:15 doesn't help either.

This will now give drivers the choice to decide fully which series to run after speedweeks now. That should be good.

For Winter Freeze the feature was on the track at 10:15 on Saturday night.

WoO wanted to move the dates to March in an effort to "have more drivers follow the series" out of Florida. But yet they are now requiring drivers to haul 20-24 hours to New Mexico to race for $5k, $5k and $15k.

I wish them the best of luck in that I want everyone to succeed. But it doesn't seem to compute for me.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    For Winter Freeze the feature was on the track at 10:15 on Saturday night.

WoO wanted to move the dates to March in an effort to "have more drivers follow the series" out of Florida. But yet they are now requiring drivers to haul 20-24 hours to New Mexico to race for $5k, $5k and $15k.

I wish them the best of luck in that I want everyone to succeed. But it doesn't seem to compute for me.
    Will they allow "WoO" drivers to skip NM and go to Volusia knowing that 3/4 are going to count for points?
    "The Wise One"

I too wish them luck but that is head scratcher for sure. The time commitment and travel expense does not compute for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    Will they allow "WoO" drivers to skip NM and go to Volusia knowing that 3/4 are going to count for points?
    I really don't know the answer to that. But that would seem a no confidence vote for Vado if they can skip it. I believe they have to have perfect attendance to be eligible for the winners circle or platinum benefits or whatever they call it.

We want more guys to follow the series, ideas?

How about we make guys travel 1500 miles right after the holidays for less money than they could race for in two nights on the way to Florida.

Sounds great let’s do it.

They should offer serious tow money or these shows need to pay way more

I'm sure they will give the drivers extras to make the trip. It is a win-win for dirt car racing; new fans, new drivers.

Default BK

Maybe in 2021 they’ll start in Hawaii or Alaska, just to make it feasible to hit Vado on the way home.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.