Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mikey marlar

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    man you've got to give it to the guy, any car, any track, he is a threat to win, nice job
    For a moment I thought you were talking about Bobby F%%**N Pierce LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    There is no possible way you can make a blanket statement like that and be serious. Way too many good drivers out there.
    There is a lot of good drivers but like I said all things equal with the cars no set up help just the driver doing the set up Mike wins majority I think there's only a handful of guys ever that can do both the level Mikey does

Maybe the reason Marlar & Rumley didn’t work out (besides the different shock brands) is that Kevin doesn’t own a motor,a hauler & is operating in a boat shop of a friend. With this being said:he has a car with Bradshers motor & his knowledge? Still a lot of pieces there for someone to put together to race. 🏁🏁

Foxfire

There 2 for 2 right now
    Pretty good odds for skunk works id say
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

You are correct s.s.- I was just stating some facts about possible reasons the Marlar/Rumley deal didn’t work out. At the time of their announcement-Ronnie Delk was selling out his equipment. When they went to Volusia-Delk furnished the power plant & hauler. Rumley has a car & his expertise- but it takes much more to get to the track & compete. Yes- they are making it work !! 🏁🏁

Yes. The shop hes in is a seperate building from business.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    I like Marlar and hes a class act... But how well was that setup working at Lernerville? He struggled badly most of the weekend - Oh, and somehow that non-driver in the 6 car happened to win.

Marlar is one of the best in the business no doubt - but to say hes better than Bloomquist or that McCredie was a bad replacement for the 6 is short sighted.
    Marlar had an off week at the Firecracker, no doubt about it. That said, if you look at his past performance at Lernerville he’s usually d@mn good. Finished second in 2017 and 2018. I’m not wading into the who’s best argument, seems pointless.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Ya pretty pointless when it's so money and resource dependent now days. I'd say JD and Mikey are top two right now, I'd go out and say if Mikey was on the Lucas tour JD would have his hands full.

You know marlar has been at alot of the races sheppard has won this year. Just sayin... and im pretty sure the rumleys were perfectly capable of putting all of the above mention missing pieces together they just had not before delk offered his up. Also not trying bash anyone im a fan of both drivers. But i also think to say marlar would be giving jd a run for his money is a little naive. It's a pretty well known fact that alot of luck played into marlars championship. Not that he didn't deserve it but any one of those three could have been champion.
    Last edited by Jking24; 07-02-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Jking24
    Very good post!! 🏁🏁

I also think it's worth mentioning that marlar has a unique advantage over the majority of the people he's competing against at the top. And that is he doesn't do it for a living as a matter of fact him or his car owner could care less either way what happens to the car or if they make a dime. Not that he doesn't care about his equipment. Theirs just far less riding on his every decision when his paycheck doesn't depend on it. It's also easier to maintain the temperament he has

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    You know marlar has been at alot of the races sheppard is won this year. Just sayin... and im pretty sure the rumleys were perfectly capable of putting all of the above mention missing pieces together they just had not even delk offered his up. Also not trying bash anyone im a fan of both drivers. But i also think to say marlar would be giving jd a run for his money is a little naive. It's a pretty well known fact that alot of luck played into marlars championship. Not that he didn't deserve it but any one of those three could have been champion.
    But....(according to some)....The 1 crew & equipment is doing the winning, not Sheppy. Anyone can win in that car!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    But....(according to some)....The 1 crew & equipment is doing the winning, not Sheppy. Anyone can win in that car!
    I tend to think that in time for the most part that statement would be true.because that team is the best their is right now and any one member wouldn't make or break that situation. But as it stands Sheppard sits in the seat and is doing a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fine job. Also similar to what i mentioned above when sheppard drives the one car he only has to worry about two things driving and feedback and it shows. Well with less riding on his shoulders (much the same as marlars situation) he runs better weather it's for a single reason or all the above