Thread: J-bar angle

Default J-bar angle

So 2 weekends ago we was racing and the track got slick so as normal I raised my J-Bar up on the frame. Long story short we won the race and unloaded Monday evening and to my surprise my J-Bar was all the way down on my slider in the frame. Driver said the car was the best it had been all year and the track was dead slick. Now that's the 2nd time this has happened to me (mainly my fault on accident) and both times we have won and the car has been flawless. So what's everyone's opinion on this

Quote Originally Posted by racinrocket1 View Post
    So 2 weekends ago we was racing and the track got slick so as normal I raised my J-Bar up on the frame. Long story short we won the race and unloaded Monday evening and to my surprise my J-Bar was all the way down on my slider in the frame. Driver said the car was the best it had been all year and the track was dead slick. Now that's the 2nd time this has happened to me (mainly my fault on accident) and both times we have won and the car has been flawless. So what's everyone's opinion on this
    Leave pan loose when you want car tight/win? Not sure what type of frame mount you have....but are you sure this isn't happening while traliering? The forces incurred while cornering would want to force it upward at the frame... I would think. How much did it move vertically? Was the rear end sticking out the right side of the car. How about a picture of the mount that came loose?

I am 100% certain many cars have way too much rake.

I'll agree with that!

As chief noted: Typically if the bolt on the climber was left loose, during cornering it's gonna want to upwards. So it's completely possible that it was way up when the car was racing and when coming off the track (any hard or sharp right hand turn) could have moved it all the way down and where it ended up when you found it.

Maybe you can see scratch marks on the climber bracket to know that at least some point it was all the way up, which was more likely while racing that all the way down would be.

This is assuming your talking a climber bracket and that single bolt came loose and moved or did that whole bracket move up or down on the square tube?

Used to help on 01 masters and k bar bracket would move slowly up on chassis as race went on and get faster but wasn't every time. Know for certain was tight. I just assumed aluminum bracket wore out

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    Leave pan loose when you want car tight/win? Not sure what type of frame mount you have....but are you sure this isn't happening while traliering? The forces incurred while cornering would want to force it upward at the frame... I would think. How much did it move vertically? Was the rear end sticking out the right side of the car. How about a picture of the mount that came loose?
    I have one of the newer climber mounts. I can't see where it has moved up anywhere past where I had it set. I dont remember seeing the RR sticking out any further than normal
    Attached Images Attached Images