Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atomic

Default Atomic

The sprint car people bombarded Atomic insurance company saying the new wall was unsafe. Brad has to make the track back to the way that really was unsafe to keep his insurance. I thought I used to hate push and flips. I didn't yet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Just quit having them...

The wall itself didn’t cause the wreck, a driver who failed to adapt to the wall caused the wreck. The accident happened because he drifted too high. The high line couldn’t be as high as it used to be because of the wall.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I’d tell them take it or leave it. The way turn 3 and 4 was was very bad. He was doing things to improve it. Haven’t been there since the update, but all I can think of is put in a fancy catchfence. Not get rid of a good thing.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I say take the whole corner wall and bleachers out. Just put the layout back to the way it was in the 80s and 90s. It’ll be nothing but problems and complaints until he does.

If there’s one thing we can be sure of, it’s that a promoter isn’t removing seats. That said, you have a point with the layout. Personally, I couldn’t care less if the push and flips don’t run at Atomic anymore.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

We hauled stock cars up there for 30 years, the push and flips are the main attraction up there. They ain’t never leaving.

hasn't the part of the wall that he hit been there for yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    hasn't the part of the wall that he hit been there for yrs?
    The fact the wreck happened should have no impact on the decision if the track is more or less safe. But, actually, the sprint car kissed the new part of the wall, got squirrely, then ramped the old part of the wall.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I don’t remember exactly, seems like that part was added around the time the DTWC was held there.

There are several things going on here .... First off IMO ... When you alter the track ( Yes to make it better ) you also get the other side .... I was of the opinion brad was making it safer for Late model drivers ... Since the wall was added it made a better cushion .....Which in turn made the track faster .... So I guess that would mean faster is unsafe ? Good intentions don't always pan out 100 percent .....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    There are several things going on here .... First off IMO ... When you alter the track ( Yes to make it better ) you also get the other side .... I was of the opinion brad was making it safer for Late model drivers ... Since the wall was added it made a better cushion .....Which in turn made the track faster .... So I guess that would mean faster is unsafe ? Good intentions don't always pan out 100 percent .....
    He was making it safer for everyone. There has not been a cushion stacked against it yet either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

And the fierce inferiority complex war being waged by the slower, twisted up "pizza delivery-mobiles" on the "push & flip's" rages on and on and on.............LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    And the fierce inferiority complex war being waged by the slower, twisted up "pizza delivery-mobiles" on the "push & flip's" rages on and on and on.............LOLOL!
    Inferior? Push flips barely have a suspension.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I sent my correspondence to K&K today. I spent plenty of time putting together a very articulate explanation of the previous dangers and the need to examine things objectively, with an expert of their choice, and not let an emotional mob rule the day.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The slower "PIZZA" cars bested the sprint cars (non wings) by over a half a second Saturday night at Brownstown

In qualifications. Talking about track records only.

I'm sure there is more to that sad story though. lol
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 06-30-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Because Brad put money into Atomic to make it safer for everyone, and a sprint misjudges things and gets into the stands, it’s an inferiority complex?

It’s the sprint folks that want him redoing it. Put in a very good catch fence and leave it. You talk all this sh!t about late models and that, and one little cross word about your precious sprints and you gotta come to the rescue.

I like them both, but 4m isn’t a sprint forum for whatever reason. I don’t care how many late model races you attend, you still just love to take shots at them, oh no, don’t talk about the sprints.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Kyle Larson is calling......he got beat by 9 of those "pizza-delivery-mobiles" drivers!

Default Wall

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The fact the wreck happened should have no impact on the decision if the track is more or less safe. But, actually, the sprint car kissed the new part of the wall, got squirrely, then ramped the old part of the wall.
    I agree ..... with all the above .... with the turn 3 crash .... Turn 1 & 2 had a rutt & caused the car over the wall IMO .... Although everything was the same in turn 3 the cars were faster this nite ... I think ( just my opinion ) the wall needs to be higher .... Add a fence to catch the foul balls ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

You can't wish sprint cars into the top of the racing world no matter how much you may want to.