Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atomic

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I agree ..... with all the above .... with the turn 3 crash .... Turn 1 & 2 had a rutt & caused the car over the wall IMO .... Although everything was the same in turn 3 the cars were faster this nite ... I think ( just my opinion ) the wall needs to be higher .... Add a fence to catch the foul balls ....
    Yes. And a good fence. Proper cabling, turned in towards the track, can be replaced quickly. Made for racing, like Eldora’s.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It is gonna take on heck of a catch fence to convince folks to sit over in the corner now.

dang cirf , i was wandering how long you could hold your tongue on this one...lol....ole masterbuilt bated you a bit , but i knew you would not be able to stand it though , i got to go deliver some Digiorno now.....lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    dang cirf , i was wandering how long you could hold your tongue on this one...lol....ole masterbuilt bated you a bit , but i knew you would not be able to stand it though , i got to go deliver some Digiorno now.....lol.....
    Make mine a Chuck-E-Cheese!!!!

CIRFing for a Pizza????

That's where the sprints belong a 50 cent ride a chucke cheese. Let the big boys have the track

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    That's where the sprints belong a 50 cent ride a chucke cheese. Let the big boys have the track
    When the track is right, sprints are bad a$$ at Atomic. Obviously they need a better catch fence.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

There was one scary picture of the sprinter flying over the wall in Area Auto Racing News, altitude city.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    I have said it for years, bring the “Push n Flips” out for intermission as a side show so everyone can say “wow those are fast” then load them up and take them home lol

What happened to the press release telling us how the sprints were going to handle the ticket refunds?

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    What happened to the press release telling us how the sprints were going to handle the ticket refunds?
    I've seen several people ask, and the track has been saying the all stars haven't gave them an anwser yet. Brad is always straight up with people. I can't see him leaving the fans hanging. Thats not normally how he does business.

I would never think any of this is on Brad. I just talked to tyler Altmeyer of all star sprints at 724-954-4915 and all he had was a canned response of were working on it . Maybe everyone should call him and tell him that 2 weeks is long enough and quit with the BS crap, that's how I see it!

I wasn't at the track to walk it and see the new wall; but something that was mentioned on Twitter that I think may have been try was the new section of the wall wasn't perpendicular to the banking but was just kinda sat in at the edge of the existing track and when you hit the wall you ramped up it.

If true, then they needed to cut and change how the wall was placed so that it was no longer ramping the cars.

Otherwise the place really just needed more catch fencing than they had up. If they could put up better, taller, stronger, and curved catch fencing even the better. But none of that is cheap and infinite pockets aren't running the place.

Push and flip cars are a big part of Atomic Speedway, and cutting them completely would be cutting a lot of admissions I believe. Of course, it'd cut a lot of expense.
    "The Wise One"

Default The New wall

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    I wasn't at the track to walk it and see the new wall; but something that was mentioned on Twitter that I think may have been try was the new section of the wall wasn't perpendicular to the banking but was just kinda sat in at the edge of the existing track and when you hit the wall you ramped up it.

If true, then they needed to cut and change how the wall was placed so that it was no longer ramping the cars.

Otherwise the place really just needed more catch fencing than they had up. If they could put up better, taller, stronger, and curved catch fencing even the better. But none of that is cheap and infinite pockets aren't running the place.

Push and flip cars are a big part of Atomic Speedway, and cutting them completely would be cutting a lot of admissions I believe. Of course, it'd cut a lot of expense.
    You are correct about the angle of the wall .... Imagine the track being flat .... You can just sit the prefab concrete wall & level it .... This isn't the case with a banked oval .... Since atomic has alot of banking the wall would need to be leaned inn toward the inside at ( 30 degree angle ) to be square with the banking .... If not than yes the new wall could be considered a ramp .... This would be what happened in turn 1-2 crash over the wall ..... I'm not sure if the turn 3 wall was extended or altered ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post

For sure the angle will help in keeping the cars from ramping out of the track . Walls with at least a five to ten percent angle inward , are at most tracks .

that is the answer. the angle of the wall and a fence. been going there since 1969 and saw a lot of things happen over the years. that place is super fast and it caught a guy with little experience off guard. brad will get it right he does a good job!

seen some very good sprint car races there over the years winged and non wing and before the walls cars went tumbling over the hill over the years changes have been made more seating and walls a catch fence would be the number one priority if the wall is certified to pass inspection safety is not the only thing it`s the main thing to keep the drivers safe and paying fans safe especially on a hammer down track.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    seen some very good sprint car races there over the years winged and non wing and before the walls cars went tumbling over the hill over the years changes have been made more seating and walls a catch fence would be the number one priority if the wall is certified to pass inspection safety is not the only thing it`s the main thing to keep the drivers safe and paying fans safe especially on a hammer down track.
    I remember the year a 305 sprint I believe it was, hit the back of Joey Saldana’s hauler leaving off the backstretch. Damaged his lift gate.