Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: lincoln

There had to be at least 5 or 6 people there that wanted to see the midgets.

Unbelievable. Racers and fans get screwed again, just like at Sycamore. Are these guys complete idiots when watching the radar and managaing time? Come on already. I am not making another 3 hour drive to a track when there is no urgency to run the late models.

It just shows that Lincoln considered the UMP shows support classes over Lucas midgets. They can’t control the rain but they knew it was coming. Just shows what was their priorities

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Unbelievable. Racers and fans get screwed again, just like at Sycamore. Are these guys complete idiots when watching the radar and managaing time? Come on already. I am not making another 3 hour drive to a track when there is no urgency to run the late models.
    Gotta sell them hotdogs and 50:50 tickets. Seriously though, whoever is the series race director has blown it several times this year. Fans didn’t drive 1-3 hours on a Sunday to see a B-mod, mod, or midget feature before the late models. Get the late model feature in if rain is coming. It ain’t rocket science. Running support features first when rain is coming makes the UMP folks look like morons.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

What a disaster. Walked back to hotel after it was called. No rain, feet didn't get wet. No effort to bring the track back. This is the Late Models Summer Nats not the midgets feature.Is it a plot by the promoters not to pay out the prize money? Everybody got shortchanged tonight.

It is 11.30pm now and no rain since the race was called. Are the fans being considered by the promoters and Summer Nats official who coould easily have worked the track in Joliet is also called off tomorrow, yet despite the storm they had Nascar toughed it out and finished their race.Lincoln could have finished their event in place of Joliet.I expect Monday will be fine and hot just like it was at Clarksville last week.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Everyone but the race director knew rain was coming and yet they run the midgets first, it's not the Midget Summernationals.
    If the race director cant make the proper calls then maybe it's time for a new one. Rain coming at Sycamore so cut the feature 10 laps and then run pure stock heats...

But it's all this bashing on social media that's hurting the sport...
    Yep.

Not the pi$$ poor ran races.

I knew they seemed to be screwing off, I never checked the weather. Then they stopped at lap 16 and I seen the rain in the track lights.

You have had upteen rainouts, get the late models in. Nope, we screwed around.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Yep.

Not the pi$$ poor ran races.

I knew they seemed to be screwing off, I never checked the weather. Then they stopped at lap 16 and I seen the rain in the track lights.

You have had upteen rainouts, get th late models in. Nope, we screwed around.
    Lincoln pulled this nonsense a couple of times several years ago with a different promoter and I haven’t been back, and I live 30 minutes from there.
    At this point I’m a tv watcher due to work and UMP’s inability to get a weekday show’s LM feature on the track in a timely fashion but I’m still a supporter. Kinda hard to keep renting these events even when you know it’s gonna be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    I get stuff happens out of your control sometimes but this is the 3rd show so far that they have not completed with weather coming due to very poor time management.
    There needs to be some rules enforced when hosting these shows...there is no excuse that the Late model show shouldn't have been completed last night.. I sat watching the radar from 6 o'clock.

I try my best to avoid being too critical of tracks and series but why couldn't they just forego the victory lane stuff for the midgets. Take pictures of the winner in the pits. Those few minutes may have made the difference for the late model feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I try my best to avoid being too critical of tracks and series but why couldn't they just forego the victory lane stuff for the midgets. Take pictures of the winner in the pits. Those few minutes may have made the difference for the late model feature.
    they get to keep the gate $$$$ and dont have to pay the bigger purse, thats why they couldnt get the lated done. and everyone fell for it again. Lincoln promoter must have taken lessons from I55. I wont step foot in either place again.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    I assume you’ve included crews, friends & families!

Don't get me wrong, I luv watching C. Bell wheel the midget but I came to see Mike Hamerlee race the Late model.

Bob Sargant is one of the best promoters out there. He runs an efficient show. I would really like to know who makes these calls. Does the promoter, race director or sanction body set the line up and or make changes throughout the night?
    I was watching on fast pass with my dad last night since his health does not allow him to go at this point. At 8:00 they were running the last chance races and looked like they had enough time to get the show in but, unfortunately a couple of red flags in the midget feature and the wreck on the first lap of the late model did not help. No one wins when this happens that's for sure.

Personally I don't care about the midgets at all -- but face it Lincoln is not a LATE MODEL TRACK, very seldom do they have late model specials. However, I was expecting Sargent and crew to run the late models first.

I thought they moved the program along nicely. They did skip intermission and did not do the 4-wide Late Model perrade lap. But, knowing that they had weather on the way. You would think, that they would have ran the Late Models first. That is what most of the fans came there to see.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan

View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And CIRF!!! Yep, it's all CIRF's fault!!! hahahahahaaa

I was told UMP runs the show
    And we all know what Nut runs UMP

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Personally I don't care about the midgets at all -- but face it Lincoln is not a LATE MODEL TRACK, very seldom do they have late model specials. However, I was expecting Sargent and crew to run the late models first.
    Then get out of the SN cause it all about LATE Ms

Originally posted by Clayton Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan

View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And CIRF!!! Yep, it's all CIRF's fault!!! hahahahahaaa

No! Not you, too, Clay!!! I would never have believed you were a big ol' bully like all the rest! I thought we were buddies. I'm crushed! LOLOL!!!!

P.S.: Those dammed midgets!! They're to blame for everything................again!! LOLOL!