Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hell tour

Default Hell tour

What is everyone's opinion on this tour?

I used to love it, and be highly impressed.
    Between all the rainouts and only 7 drivers who have entered the first 9 races, I'm not impressed anymore.
    The past decade there has been between 5 and 8 drivers who have entered every race on the tour depending on the year.
    Is it really worthy of being called a "series" anymore??

Shirley, Pierce, Heckanest Jr., Babb, Schlenk, Feger, and Stubber are all there is for the points Championship.

Only Shirley, Pierce, and Frank are legit contenders out of the 7.

The tour needs an injection...just my 2 pennies worth.

Definitely not even close to what it used to be and l don’t feel it will ever recover. Virtually impossible to be a winning proposition at today’s purse & expense levels. I know the local track was delighted when UMP pulled their normal date in the schedule.

I think the same can be said about the woo also

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    I think the same can be said about the woo also
    For sure not what it used to be...not to the extent of Hell Tour, though.

It just isn't nearly as fun as it was even 5 years ago. I may cut back on my attendance in future years. Politics is killing dirt racing.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm taking specifically about the Summer Nationals.
    Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 07-01-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Actually, I think it has been very good. Lots of different drivers dropping in from multiple other series. I think the series has always been the number of events.Think about it -- throughout the years you've only had 2 - 3 drivers on any given year that was going to win. When Moyer followed all the time nobody could beat him.IMO the early years were only 7 - 10 races and were not a series at all.The weather is out of their control.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    What is everyone's opinion on this tour?

I used to love it, and be highly impressed.
    Between all the rainouts and only 7 drivers who have entered the first 9 races, I'm not impressed anymore.
    The past decade there has been between 5 and 8 drivers who have entered every race on the tour depending on the year.
    Is it really worthy of being called a "series" anymore??

Shirley, Pierce, Heckanest Jr., Babb, Schlenk, Feger, and Stubber are all there is for the points Championship.

Only Shirley, Pierce, and Frank are legit contenders out of the 7.

The tour needs an injection...just my 2 pennies worth.
    It’s been stagnant for several years. Usually by oakshade only 3-4 guys bother going. The points payout and the cost to race every night is just to expensive.

If it was not for DoD pay pass, i be boging on the other things i do, and would not care cause i cant go no more.
    Some of the races have been good but they still run it like a 5 year old sat morning cartoons. when I watch and when i use to go it was FOR THE LATES. Not MODS or some other class. If it DIEs it UMP that going to kill it.
    Last night i got to see the Bees run thats nice, but I Did not get to see the lates, THATS why i was on DoD to see the Lates and all they did was Pi$$ me OFF.
    And in no way should people Blame DoD they do 1 he!! of a job bring us the races. Thumbs UP to DoD.
    and a Thumbs UP to pkitty he makes things good on the chat on DoD and getting all things to work.
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 07-01-2019 at 02:52 PM.

2019 HELL TOUR = 2019 SOGGY BOTTOM TOUR!!! Bring your boat and waders
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    2019 HELL TOUR = 2019 SOGGY BOTTOM TOUR!!! Bring your boat and waders
    Been thinking of buying a boat lol

I agree been stagnant for years, I only hit maybe two a year anymore but haven’t been to one yet this year and quit having oakshade as final every year.

My favorite time of year. Yes the rainouts have thrown pickle into the mix but it enables me to get my racing fix on for about a month. I,m not a stargazer tho. If the racing is good,, I don't care who's there.
    8/13/16

I don’t blame drivers for not wanting to run the entire tour. A lot of the tracks are not very well prepared and are rough on equipment. The payouts really haven’t raised in comparison to the ware and tear on equipment. If they would pay 10K every race and 50K to win it while paying decently through the top 10 in points would bring a lot more quality cars to the tour.
    I will say that I went to Brownstown last Thursday and enjoyed both the quality of cars and the racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    My favorite time of year. Yes the rainouts have thrown pickle into the mix but it enables me to get my racing fix on for about a month. I,m not a stargazer tho. If the racing is good,, I don't care who's there.
    I agree some of the best racing I've seen there were no stars in the race that's for sure.

The hell tour started off as ten or twelve races total. Get back to that and I’d bet you’d see more guys following the whole deal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

All of these modern series pale compared to the Renegade STARS Series ! !

Josh, I’m thinking it started out like 11 races in 14 days. Dang we were there in the beginning of U M P and the first summer nationals. Someone is getting old😳

Stop qualifying only 18 cars and taking a pile of provisionals. What a joke. Lucas and WoO standard, qualify 22 cars and take 2 provisionals.

Fewer dates (as mentioned) & make each a $10k (or at least 7.5k) to win show with better start $. The $5k weeknight shows have been unchanged for several years it seems tho the gate has crept up from $20 to $25 pretty much as the standard now.

I know they added some of the weekly segment $ a few years back. Also, 2 classes max on the weeknight shows. Maybe run a Wednesday to Sunday or Thursday to Sunday type of deal for a few weeks Have a few more rain dates built in that way also.

Back to 19 races in 21 days.
    3 classes, late models run first on weekday shows.
    Make travel for the teams make sense (this year was pretty good sans rainouts).
    No crate cars or the equivalent.
    2 more cars out of the consi and 2 less provisionals.
    If you’re going to race the majority of Illinois tracks, have the finale’ in Illinois.
    Expand the fast pass. More cameras and raise the price nominally to compensate, it’s nice for us early risers.
    A lesson in watching weather radar and the authority to make adjustments by the race director.