Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Macon SN

Looked to me like babb did that to him self if he hadn't turned to the middle it never would of happened but he really had no other option but to try.

I'm a Babb fan, but Shannon screwed himself by going to the bottom to try to get by Kimmons. If he stays high, he very likely wins the race. Babb lost all of his momentum, and Bobby pounced. I can't blame Bobby for making the move. Sure, they made contact, but it didn't appear to be malicious. It's 3 laps to go in a 100 lap race, and Shannon was struggling bad off of turn 2 almost every lap. Of course Bobby is going to jump on a chance to pass the guy that has led the whole way to that point. That's his job, isn't it? Macon is the Bristol of dirt tracks. You would do well to check your feelings at the pit gate.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Will kick me in the nuts for having a opinion . I am done with all bobby posts BYB
    I wasn't trying to call anyone out Gary. Sorry if my post came off that way. I was just explaining my opinion of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I'm a Babb fan, but Shannon screwed himself by going to the bottom to try to get by Kimmons. If he stays high, he very likely wins the race. Babb lost all of his momentum, and Bobby pounced. I can't blame Bobby for making the move. Sure, they made contact, but it didn't appear to be malicious. It's 3 laps to go in a 100 lap race, and Shannon was struggling bad off of turn 2 almost every lap. Of course Bobby is going to jump on a chance to pass the guy that has led the whole way to that point. That's his job, isn't it? Macon is the Bristol of dirt tracks. You would do well to check your feelings at the pit gate.
    Agreed that babb shouldn't of went low when he did but if you think bobby wouldn't have made contact with him sometime in the last 2 laps you're crazy lol, he wouldn't have let beat him to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Agreed that babb shouldn't of went low when he did but if you think bobby wouldn't have made contact with him sometime in the last 2 laps you're crazy lol, he wouldn't have let beat him to the line.
    Oh I know. LOL

https://youtu.be/2tAJtnl_1bQ. Best comment winner right here!!!! Here's the flagman at Macon LOL

Babb said Bobby did what he needed to do. He in no way blamed Bobby for what he did. Babb has raced at Macon for his entire career. He knows it's a tight little track and these things are going to happen and sometimes you have to be aggressive to get the win and like he said Bobby was there ready to pounce on him and Babb made a slight mistake and Bobby took advantage of it. Heck he followed Babb for what 97 98 laps and Bobby probably could have several times drove Babb dirty but, didn't. Now to think that Babb won't return the favor one day well he's done it in the past and he will in the future. I'm not saying he will take him out on purpose but, if Bobby is leading and he makes a mistake Babb will take advantage of it.

Carry on but, Babb and Pierce have already moved on. Next Race Please!!!

Is Babb happy not what i hear
    Obviously you are hearing impaired or have bad informants. I watched 2 videos with Babb and he had NO problem with Bobby's move. He was not happy with the lapped cars tho.

Will kick me in the nuts for having a opinion . I am done with all bobby posts BYB
    And I'll bet anyone on here a buck that says the last sentence of the last post is a lieAny takers
    8/13/16

Babb is smart and doesn’t show his displeasure in an interview. If Shannon is upset with someone, they’ll find out about it soon enough. Sly like a fox.
    And that Hewitt interview never fails to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    You have to make that move if your there to win. Bobby has made some bad moves but, that wasn't one of them in my opinion under those circumstances.

From Cole Perkins Twitter:

"Sam Driggers announced during tonight’s @SummerNationals drivers meeting that he “screwed up” regarding last night’s finish. From now on, as soon as the leader takes the checkered the race is over. #HellTour"

And there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Bobby won the race. Bobby took the white flag and had a clean track to the finish of the race. The wreck happened behind the leader. The race should of been considered over!!
    Sam Driggers agrees with you!!

Pierce wins

Sam needs to take 2500 bucks from ump and give it to Bobby since it was his wrong call!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Sam Driggers agrees with you!!
    I have been around racing for 50 years and that's how it has always been. If the leader takes the white flag and the track is safe and clear for him to the finish line he wins. What ever has behind him is immaterial. If the flagman had time he should have thrown the checker and yellow flags. Bobby should have won.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    I have been around racing for 50 years and that's how it has always been. If the leader takes the white flag and the track is safe and clear for him to the finish line he wins. What ever has behind him is immaterial. If the flagman had time he should have thrown the checker and yellow flags. Bobby should have won.
    Yep your right the Checkered and Yellow together.

Flag man threw the checkers to the first 2 drivers that crossed the line then threw the yellow when they were on the backstretch

It’s history

Bobby gets the win and $5000