Default Nascar embarrassment

Being that I am a huge fan of Nascar, I feel embarrassed for the disaster they are selling as a race. I realize that things might not have been so messed up if the idiot in the 3 hadn't decided to drive like an idiot. So the result is a happy day for good kid, and good for him. However actual racing didn't play a part in the finish. It was a complete fraud and plate racing should not count anything for other than just a spectacle for the fans a couple times a year. I love to see an underdog win a race, but that would be actually racing to a win. In fact the lead car got confused about the one to go and pitted. Be that as it may, I invested a couple hrs of dvr time to see a finish that was based who didn't get wrecked. LOL

Good for the kid. He got ripped off from nascrap at last years Busch race!

After hearing several drivers after the wrecks, it seems they know its gonna happen and expect them now, and don't get too upset over it! It is what it is!

I AGREE with the 1st 2 posts as anyone with 1/2 of a pea brain would ! This is what the newest generation refers to as KARMA ! Nasky decides that it needs to cornhole one of the primary events that is responsible for its massive growth in the Firecracker 400 and they are going to move that race to the state Indiana ? Didn't they learn their lesson on what happened to the attendance when one of their rocket scientists decided to change the historical location of the SOUTHERN 500 ? Now that the last FIRECRACKER 400 has been won by an apparent unknown, it is certain that Nasky will give this boy and his team all of the favors to win future races as to make it look as he is 1 of the greatest of all time because he won {by default} one of Naskys crown jewel events.

In a roundabout way I'm somewhat happy with the outcome since young Mr. Haley won on the 1 mile dirt track at Springfield, Illinois back in August of 2016 driving an ARCA stock car. I always have a soft spot for guys that have the stones to run the dirt tracks on the ARCA schedule. I was at Springfield the day Haley won the ARCA race there and he drove a dam good race and his win was well deserved and hard fought.

But on the other hand it was a crazy turn of events that allowed Haley to win at Daytona on Sunday. We all know about Kurt Busch's antics in and out of a racecar but there is no other way to say it but that he flat got screwed by circumstances. I didn't watch any of the race accept for a few minutes of coverage during the minutes following the red flag that was triggered by a lightning strike within 8 miles of the track occurred. The guys in the booth and the pit reporters actually clearly and concisely covered what led up to Haley taking the lead and ultimately the win. It was legit, and if there was any reason to believe it wasn't I would be first and loudest with my condemnation of NASCAR.

It's too bad TS FAN/power boy/GW has little to no credibility in regards to NASCAR racing since he actually makes a good point about how the restrictor plate races are nothing more than a random shot in the dark in regards to who wins and who doesn't win those 4 races each year.

Worlds GREATEST DRIVERS in motorsports! Where? Not at Daytona! Number 1 racing isn't same manufactures ganging up on each other. Ford on ford thanks Harvick you and the 2 car looking good. Worlds greatest! Austin Dillon is just a spoiled rich kid in a BIG mans sport. With a family going to a race would rather be in Daytona than Indianapolis. NASCAR is losing the game with fans quick.

OLD Arnhead said of Rusty Wallace "He can fall in a bucket of sh_t and come out smelling like roses". I say that NASKY can fall into a bucket of roses and come out smelling like sh_t ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    In a roundabout way I'm somewhat happy with the outcome since young Mr. Haley won on the 1 mile dirt track at Springfield, Illinois back in August of 2016 driving an ARCA stock car. I always have a soft spot for guys that have the stones to run the dirt tracks on the ARCA schedule. I was at Springfield the day Haley won the ARCA race there and he drove a dam good race and his win was well deserved and hard fought.

But on the other hand it was a crazy turn of events that allowed Haley to win at Daytona on Sunday. We all know about Kurt Busch's antics in and out of a racecar but there is no other way to say it but that he flat got screwed by circumstances. I didn't watch any of the race accept for a few minutes of coverage during the minutes following the red flag that was triggered by a lightning strike within 8 miles of the track occurred. The guys in the booth and the pit reporters actually clearly and concisely covered what led up to Haley taking the lead and ultimately the win. It was legit, and if there was any reason to believe it wasn't I would be first and loudest with my condemnation of NASCAR.

It's too bad TS FAN/power boy/GW has little to no credibility in regards to NASCAR racing since he actually makes a good point about how the restrictor plate races are nothing more than a random shot in the dark in regards to who wins and who doesn't win those 4 races each year.
    Put the spurs to ole TS and ride him another lap!!!!!! hahahahaahahaaa
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Put the spurs to ole TS and rid him another lap!!!!!! hahahahaahahaaa
    Clay, none of that would be necessary if he'd simply nut up and own all that hate! LOL!

use to be a huge fan now i turn it on every once in a while to see how empty the stands are for that race. i thought they would wait all night to race to keep haley from being declared winner of the race.