For Immediate Release
July 9, 2019

Johnny Scott Sweeps Weekend USRA Mod Action at Vado Speedway Park
Stormy Scott Set to for Busy Week with LOLMDS

Las Cruces, New Mexico (07/09/19) – 2018 United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) Champion, Johnny Scott has made the most out of limited starts in 2019. First, he opened eyes across the Super Late Model world with an impressive showing in his debut in the division in early June at the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway.

Now he’s opening eyes with the stranglehold that he’s had at the brand-new Vado Speedway Park over the past month. He’s now won the feature in three-straight starts at the state-of-the-art facility in his Rancho Milagro No. 1st Mesilla Valley Transportation/ Vanderbuilt Race Car. His most recent triumphs came over the weekend as he swept a pair of programs.

“I wanted to step back from racing this year and focus on a few different things. I’m racing when it works best into my schedule, and I’m having a great time doing it,” Johnny Scott recently noted. “Vado Speedway Park is an awesome new facility, and I’m very thankful to Royal Jones for building such a great place in our part of the country.”

On Friday night Johnny Scott rolled into Vado Speedway Park (Vado, New Mexico), where he was competing in the USRA Open Wheel Modified ranks against a field of 29 entries. Holding his spot in his heat, Scott registered a third-place finish, which positioned him 13th on the starting grid for the opening night feature.

Wheeling his way to the front, Stormy cruised to his second win of the season over Jake Gallardo, Bumper Jones, Fito Gallardo, and Carlos Ahumada Jr.

On Saturday night it was more of the same for the pilot of the No. 1st Modified. Johnny won his heat race before starting eighth on the grid for the finale. For the second-straight night Scott clawed his way through the field to score the victory, which came over Jake Gallardo, Bumper Jones, Carlos Ahumada Jr., and Alex Gonzalez.

While Johnny lit up the New Mexico sky, his twin brother Stormy was on the road with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) as he continued his rookie campaign. While Stormy lost a pair of events to Mother Nature in his Scott Brothers Racing No. 2 Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car Super Late Model, he was able to get a couple of series races completed. He registered a 19th-place finish on Thursday evening at Portsmouth Raceway Park (Portsmouth, Ohio), and added an 18th-place finish on Friday night at Tyler County Speedway (Middlebourne, West Virginia).

Stormy is 13th in the latest LOLMDS standings and is third in the Rookie of the Year battle.

For full results from the team’s weekend events, please visit www.VadoSpeedwayPark.com and www.LucasDirt.com .

While Johnny’s upcoming plans are still up in the air, Stormy has a busy slate of LOLMDS action awaiting him. He’ll enter a pair of $12,000-to-win events at Tri City Speedway (Pontoon Beach, Illinois) on Thursday and Friday. From there he’ll thunder into Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri) on Saturday and Sunday for back-to-back, $15,000-to-win programs.

Scott Brothers Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rancho Milagro, Intercomp, Boller Motorsports, Mullins Race Engines, Maxima Racing Oils, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Top of the World Ranch, VP Racing Fuels, Eagle Moon Farms, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Vanderbuilt Race Cars, Shocks by Precision Performance, REAL Racing Wheels, KBC Graphix, Simpson Race Products, FK Rod Ends, Fast Shafts, Willy’s Carburetors & Speed Shop, Beyea Custom Headers, Out-Pace Racing Products, Eibach, All Star Performance and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Scott Brothers Racing, please visit their cyber home at www.ScottBrothersRacing.com .