Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABC Raceway WoO

Sheppard from green to checkers. #1 team in SLM racing in my opinion.

All Sheppard all the time!! Love to see them run Lucas Oil, don't see them completely dominating there..

It would be fun to watch Sheppard and Davenport battle it out for a points title. I'm looking forward to seeing which one of them does better in all of the crown jewels that are coming up. Time to shine! Let's see if Sheppard and Davenport can win against complete stout competition instead of just winning regular points races for $10K and 50 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    It would be fun to watch Sheppard and Davenport battle it out for a points title. I'm looking forward to seeing which one of them does better in all of the crown jewels that are coming up. Time to shine! Let's see if Sheppard and Davenport can win against complete stout competition instead of just winning regular points races for $10K and 50 laps.
    I mean, Sheppard did win the Dream.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I raced the season ending Red Clay Classic with my modified in 1985.

They had rain and cold temps all week.

Friday rained out.

They brought the grader out late Friday, scraped off FOUR FEET of clay and we raced Saturday night.

The inside berm was so high you'd run down the front straight and it looked like you were in a tunnel..

You could not see turn two or the backstretch.

The track was awesome...but we liked the tack back them
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Congrats to Rocket Shepp. 12 WOO wins in 2019. Amazing.

I don't know if it's the travel or other reasons that Richards hasn't taken a shot at the lucas title. Everyone would love to see Sheppard go up against bloomer, davenport and a few others.

I hope the club that runs ABC made enough money to host this event again.

I worked late and didn't make the 200 Mile drive but I'd like to next year.
    Class of 2019

Uh? Sheppard is in the Rocket house car. He is supposed to win. Why does anyone think why the WoO series doesn't have the fan following like it once did. Same story, different day.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I mean, Sheppard did win the Dream.
    And him and Davenport are just winning "regular 10,000 too win woo and Lucas points races" because everybody knows those are practically gimmies lol

Bshep is probably going to destroy the single season win record.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I don't know if it's the travel or other reasons that Richards hasn't taken a shot at the lucas title. Everyone would love to see Sheppard go up against bloomer, davenport and a few others.
    It has nothing to do with travel. The WoO wouldn't even exist without Mark Richards. Of course he's going to be loyal to them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Probably right bayko. But boy, everyone would like to see it happen.

So funny how ABC had to beg for Wissota cars since they are down to 8 regulars. They need to do something fast or it will be 3 cars and Rocketmen will be all there is left. i hate to say it but that series is becoming a dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    So funny how ABC had to beg for Wissota cars since they are down to 8 regulars. They need to do something fast or it will be 3 cars and Rocketmen will be all there is left. i hate to say it but that series is becoming a dinosaur.
    The track has never hosted a WoO event....doesn't have LM's on their weekly schedule and is just about above the tree line.

If YOU were promoting the event exactly how would you encourage more cars to run the show?

It's really like what many here still long for...a series with a few regulars that travel and a bunch of weekly racers challenging the pros.

It's the 1970's all over again.
    Last edited by Krooser; 07-12-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    There is still 10 full time WoO drivers you moron

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    There is still 10 full time WoO drivers you moron
    Well there is 10 but I forgot about Spencer and Briggs. But these Wissota cars would not pass spec anywhere else on those bigger races. 10 is not a good group of cars traveling to tracks with hardly any cars in the area. Makes no sense imo. Too bad Madden had to leave and I bet Sheppard breaks all those records this year.

WOO Champions Sheppard and Marlar have proven they can win against the best Lucas Oil Racers. I appreciate having Sheppard racing up here in the North.

I hear a lot about the amount of regulars a series like WoO and Lucas has on here but they always have about 10/12 that run all the events, thats much better than it was 20/25 years ago with the HAV-A-TAMPA and STARS series who usually had a hand full of full time drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The track has never hosted a WoO event....doesn't have LM's on their weekly schedule and is just about above the tree line.

If YOU were promoting the event exactly how would you encourage more cars to run the show?

It's really like what many here still long for...a series with a few regulars that travel and a bunch of weekly racers challenging the pros.

It's the 1970's all over again.

Arnie Ranta paid the extra $300 to start, everyone left with $1000, 25 cars, everyone got the grand and it was a good show. Kudos to Arnie for helping out!