Default Grounding cylinder heads

Just bought a set of multifire plug wires and on the box it says to ground cylinder heads??? What’s the deal here. Aren’t the head bolts grounding the heads to the block which is bolted to the frame which in turn is grounded to the battery?

I've heard of this and I'm sure it couldn't hurt, but we haven't done it, but with all the new tech, it will probably help

We had an old friend tell us to do the same. We instantly noticed that the car cranks faster and fires quicker. Ran a short ground cable from the back of the head to the top bolt on the midplate. We ground the powder coat off at the mid plate.
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

More grounds are more better....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Its a good idea too, we always had trouble burning up coils (canister type) if we didnt ground the engine.

Also, another good idea is to run the main power, and the ground, straight to the battery, with larger wire. Done it this way for years and not to many MSD issues overall.

Just say no...

I've done mine for years cheap insurance you can never have too many grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I've done mine for years cheap insurance you can never have too many grounds.
    that's not entirely true ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop_(electricity)

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    I think your reading into that wrong or your just being a smart ass. This in know way relates to a racecar.

I ran a ground to the head right before we loaded on Saturday. Definitely cranked faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I think your reading into that wrong or your just being a smart ass. This in know way relates to a racecar.
    It absolutely does, particularly in things involving the ignition box / tachometers / etc.

It absolutely does, particularly in things involving the ignition box / tachometers / etc.
    as where that article states u already have an issue somewhere if u are inducing voltage in a ground to where you have 2 different potentials to ground

Which would mean you could take a volt meter from one ground to the next and pickup voltage ( there has to be a leak somewhere ( inside msd,coil,etc))

Quote Originally Posted by wesley2727 View Post
    Which would mean you could take a volt meter from one ground to the next and pickup voltage ( there has to be a leak somewhere ( inside msd,coil,etc))
    It could simply mean one ground is a "local ground" for lack of a better term. Ideally, everything would ground back to a main ground lug. Everything being lights, brake shutoff, msd box, starter, etc.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Lots of potential reasons for bad grounds . Powder coating , paint, motor plate and motor mounts not making clean contact to frame. Separate ground to engine helps eliminate most of these. A electrical joint compound at connection points will help with corrosion from washing. Also don't forget about the battery disconnect on negative cable can and do corrode internally from dirt and washing to make another potential problem