Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Billy Thomas back at the healm...

Billy just couldn't stand seeing someone turn what he had around in 2 races. Went from 24 cars a night with Billy running it to 85 in 2 weeks.

Effective immediately.....I won’t be overseeing the Lease at EAMS due to the elephant in the room not being good as his word. I would never do anything to compromise my integrity or to ruin my reputation. I’m a man of my word. I do what I say and I say what I mean. If you have any questions, feel free to call me or you can message me on FB. I apologize for getting everyone’s hopes up thinking things would change. I should not have announced anything till I got a lease signed and in my hand. The first week I was there, the car count went from 32 to 54. Last Wednesday we had 86 cars and more people in the stands than at last years Alabama State Championship race and National 100. We definitely had everything on the upswing. I want to thank every driver and fan for their support. Eddie Massey

Well some of us had hopes!! EAMS curse continues, I guess!!

Rip eams.

Wow that's screwed up.

Geez.

LMM

I applaud the guy for being honest and laying it out there. Very sad.

I dunno why Thomas didn’t just let him lease it. You still own it, if he’s successful, you still make cash, and then some. Stupid decision on his part. Then again, if it was that successful in two weeks without him, and he came back, guessing smart isn’t in his forte.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Good one, CnB,

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Good one, CnB,
    👍🏻👍🏻😂.....
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

ive been telling yall this for years , until the Thomas,s are COMPLETELY out of the picture the place will continue to be the embarrassment of the south , i did have a wee bit of hope this time but never really believed it , there bound to run out of money sooner or later , but im afraid it will be to late for me........also , eddie , you have known them probably longer than me and i guess you should have known better , but like me , you had hope , but as usual with this bunch , it did not work out , i hate it for you and the fans there , good luck........
    Last edited by fastford; 07-13-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Agree Fast Ford as long as they are involved it's never gonna change. So sad.

I drove right by eams today on the way home from the beach. That’s as close as I’ll ever come to going.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Talking Crow

“Were you on a beach sippin something strong”?

It’s a song

This past week at PCB was sponsored by Coors Light and Apple Crown.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

That's a real shame about EAMS.

I owned a Jig a Low chassis in the early 80's and I visited with the Thomas clan one weekend when I was laid over in town. Billy Sr. was real sick then, he passed a month or so later, but the family could not have been nicer.

Over a four or five year period I attended 5 or 6 races and loved the joint.

Sad to see it die.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Beer and Apple Crown, ouch. I’d stick with the Apple Crown, pretty good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    We hit up Destin a couple times a year, but love PCB too. That whole stretch of coast is spectacular.

Love the Gulf Coast, but these stories of flesh eating bacteria would make it hard to go in the water. Has it always been that way or is it just now getting more attention? Kind of scary!

Had a great stay at PCB. Stayed right next to Pineapple Willy’s in the heart of the action. But now it’s back to racing. Macon Illinois next Tuesday.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Love the Gulf Coast, but these stories of flesh eating bacteria would make it hard to go in the water. Has it always been that way or is it just now getting more attention? Kind of scary!
    Was in fort myers beach two weeks ago. Nothing eating my flesh yet. Got in the water several days.