Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Erb

Default Tyler Erb

I know it'll never ever happen but would be great to see him pass JD in points. He's getting close and would need a couple more nights like last night. That BEST ride has done well the past couple years.

He is one of the best interviews, i do like the kid, hope he wins it all.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I like JD but it would be great to see him come back and win the points,I'm all in for him to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I think alot of people don't realize how young he really is. He doesn't always say the right thing but he always owns it. I think he truly understands how blessed he is to have made it to where he is and it comes out when theirs a mic in his face

Default Tyler

While I don’t like him, for his age, he really is coming into his own as a driver. Old or young, he's doing better, but especially for his age. It’ll come with age. I don’t see him beating JD, but he’s good. Just a little rough still, and that complaining interview really left a sour taste in my mouth. I don’t like hypocrisy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He's improved 100% as a driver from a year ago.

His crew chief and set ups improved a 100% from a year ago...he just didn't learn how to drive...

I am hoping for just that!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    His crew chief and set ups improved a 100% from a year ago...he just didn't learn how to drive...
    Sometime last year, maybe about the halfway point, the lightbulb went off. He started driving a lot better. He would not be in that seat if it didn't happen. Then yes, he has a lot better car under him now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The #1 BEST car is better than the #14 CBR car that's for sure.

Not to derail the thread here, but was I the only one that felt like JD was darn near intentionally trying to destroy that car last? Usually when you hit the wall, you learn where it is and try not to hit it again, or at minimum, not hit it any harder. JD acted like he was trying to hit it harder each time. I'm a JD fan and usually try to pay attention to what he is doing on the track, but that was a strange drive by him. If he loses the title by a few points, I hope he looks back at that race and kicks himself knowing that he could have got out of there with a 5th or 7th, but instead decided to repeatedly run the car into the wall. I don't know if he was mad over the power steering issue at the start or what. Maybe I am missing something.

Tyler is probably my favorite current driver, but he's still got a long ways to go to catch Superman in points, unless you're expecting JD to have a lot of nights like last night.

You bet mark richards had something to do with Erb getting that seat. The thing I don't understand is what happened between year 1 and year 2 with Josh behind the wheel ? Erb climbs in and all of a sudden the best ride is in the winner's circle again.

That CBR ride isn't close to being on the same level as the BEST deal. Crew chief is by far better, direct connection with team rocket. Good motor program. It was said early that the BEST team was cutting back and that was why Josh left. Really ? cause it doesn't look that way today.

How is it that Erb has more wins in this car then Josh Richards had all of last season in this ride and this season is just over the half way point?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    You bet mark richards had something to do with Erb getting that seat. The thing I don't understand is what happened between year 1 and year 2 with Josh behind the wheel ? Erb climbs in and all of a sudden the best ride is in the winner's circle again.

That CBR ride isn't close to being on the same level as the BEST deal. Crew chief is by far better, direct connection with team rocket. Good motor program. It was said early that the BEST team was cutting back and that was why Josh left. Really ? cause it doesn't look that way today.
    Its funny what they use for excuses. Marlar was cutting back to focus on getting his business up and running full speed when he went w rumley. Now look what hes doing w delk. Some know just what the reason really was!!!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Not to derail the thread here, but was I the only one that felt like JD was darn near intentionally trying to destroy that car last? Usually when you hit the wall, you learn where it is and try not to hit it again, or at minimum, not hit it any harder. JD acted like he was trying to hit it harder each time. I'm a JD fan and usually try to pay attention to what he is doing on the track, but that was a strange drive by him. If he loses the title by a few points, I hope he looks back at that race and kicks himself knowing that he could have got out of there with a 5th or 7th, but instead decided to repeatedly run the car into the wall. I don't know if he was mad over the power steering issue at the start or what. Maybe I am missing something.
    They may have not gotten enough power steering fluid in it.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    They may have not gotten enough power steering fluid in it.
    Possibly. From the way it sounded on the broadcast they didn't put any more fluid back in it at all, just tightened the line. He seemed to run half the race fine, then it seemed like when he clipped the 5 car when it hit the wall between one and two it gave JD a tick of RR spoiler damage, then after that he was bouncing off the wall in every corner. Even with little to no power steering, he made it from the back solidly into the top 10 only to pi$$ it away all by himself. It was strange to watch. I've obviously seen him drive aggressive on more occasions than not, and tear up a lot of spoilers and RR quarters, but last night just appeared odd. The power steering fluid has nothing to do with the throttle pedal though. Maybe its just me.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Possibly. From the way it sounded on the broadcast they didn't put any more fluid back in it at all, just tightened the line. He seemed to run half the race fine, then it seemed like when he clipped the 5 car when it hit the wall between one and two it gave JD a tick of RR spoiler damage, then after that he was bouncing off the wall in every corner. Even with little to no power steering, he made it from the back solidly into the top 10 only to pi$$ it away all by himself. It was strange to watch. I've obviously seen him drive aggressive on more occasions than not, and tear up a lot of spoilers and RR quarters, but last night just appeared odd. The power steering fluid has nothing to do with the throttle pedal though. Maybe its just me.
    If the fluid is low, it overheats. If it overheats, it gets jerky and quits altogether. He is experienced enough that I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it caused the last (fatal) wall bang with both ends of the car.

Let's see how JD does tonight...I expect him to adjust nicely assuming nothing mechanically goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Let's see how JD does tonight...I expect him to adjust nicely assuming nothing mechanically goes wrong.
    I agree 😁😁😁😁
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!