Thread: Mike Marlar

Default Mike Marlar

After winning tho WOO title last season, I thought he said that he wanted to cut back his schedule and just run Big shows and events close to home this season. Whatever the reason may have been, I am sure glad that he changed his mind because he is running every week some place and he is a threat to win any place the car unloads.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    After winning tho WOO title last season, I thought he said that he wanted to cut back his schedule and just run Big shows and events close to home this season. Whatever the reason may have been, I am sure glad that he changed his mind because he is running every week some place and he is a threat to win any place the car unloads.
    They planned on stopping racing. But his car owner changed his mind. Plus they got new sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    They planned on stopping racing. But his car owner changed his mind. Plus they got new sponsors
    Amazing how an influx of $$$$ changes plans.

I am glad he is racing, he is too good not to be. Cheers!

Ronnie Delk (team owner) wanted to scale back from big time racing. He and Mike both have various business interests & don’t rely on racing as a way of making a living. Ronnie still had the hauler & a car/motor that he hadn’t sold. Jones Oil (Marathon Distributor) wanted to stay involved in racing as well. I believe Mike’s wife teaches school & travels with the team during the summer. Another factor- The 2 crew members from last year had been keeping up Joey (Total Seal-Arizona) Equipment. They both are back with Mike now as well. Total Seal was sold & Joey is relocating to North Carolina.
    A lot of things just fell into place for The group to just go back to racing & have “fun” doing it. Mike Marlar is one of the nicest drivers in a racecar! I don’t think the desire to race ever left them- they have just re-kindled the fire so to speak.

I like his style. You never know when and where he is going to show up.

Mike Marlar and the Delk team are too good to not be racing on a regular basis. I hope to see them at the Cedar Lake Nationals.
    Last edited by Mod Runner; 07-13-2019 at 12:23 AM.