Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    And the green car that was racing Feger and Robinson raced the winner just as hard, To say his buddy blocked for him taints an awesome victory for a guy who probably needs the money and did his part to win the race.
    Not trying to knock the guys victory. But the guy in the lapped car said that, so it is real. He wasn't letting them by. Just would have been nice to see a race between the winner, Feger and Robinson instead of a lapped car not letting them by.

yea lets do away with all the out of state races then it can really be called Illinois State hell tour

Quote Originally Posted by dlmfan View Post
    yea lets do away with all the out of state races then it can really be called Illinois State hell tour
    Tracks that can’t prep a decent surface or are just plain bad for racing don’t deserve a date. Plenty of tracks in the upper Mississippi Valley that could take races from the Oakshades and Terre Hautes of the world. I like the Wisconsin/ Iowa swings, they just need to make logistical sense. Sometimes if feels like Driggers throws darts at a list to decide the schedule.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

looks like everyone is in agreement on this deal. Racing was awful, track prep was awful. Obeying the move over flag awful. Whoops was a move over flag thrown???/smile

Haven’t made the trip to Oakshade since they didn’t schedule a race at Attica. The Attica/Oakshade weekend was one of my favorite race weekends. The last time at Oakshade was just plain awful with dust, drunk fans, etc. The first 5-6 times l went they were constantly watering the track & racing was great. Last time not so much.

Which two races had the highest car counts again?

Fighting windmills here I’m afraid.

Cool

I have been to this race three yrs. in a row now. I'm not one who likes to bash any track. Some good things about Oakshade... $14 to get in for a 10k to win race is a great deal. & it was $12 to get in the last 2yrs 4 10k. I went. Free camping and I talk to one guy who sad he was in line to get in on wednesday. The campers packed that place. The food prices are the best I have seen at any track.(And good too) I like how they let all the kids sing the Pledge of Allegiance & I don't know who the lady was that sang the National Anthem on Saturday. But, it gave me chills(Wow she was good) Also, I like how all the fans come up to the fence before the A-main for driver intros & they turn off the lights & all the drivers have glow sticks.(cool) People/Fans well... Lets just say... you will see some things there that you're Mamma warned you about. Lol... Also, I have never seen Soooooo many Rusty Schlenk haters. Track prep... It has to be the worst track prep I have ever seen!(& I have been to alot of tracks over the yrs.) That mister they use there is like pi$$ing into the wind. When the track is all ready as dry as dust. Its kinda like Baseball for me... Three strikes you are out & you are out for good... I will not be back...
    Last edited by WildBill32; 07-15-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    I have been to this race three yrs. in a row now. I'm not one who likes to bash any track. Some good things about Oakshade... $14 to get in for a 10k to win race is a great deal. & it was $12 to get in the last 2yrs 4 10k. I went. Free camping and I talk to one guy who sad he was in line to get in on wednesday. The campers packed that place. The food prices are the best I have seen at any track.(And good too) I like how they let all the kids sing the Pledge of Allegiance & I don't know who the lady was that sang the National Anthem on Saturday. But, it gave me chills(Wow she was good) Also, I like how all the fans come up to the fence before the A-main for driver intros & they turn off the lights & all the drivers have glow sticks.(cool) People/Fans well... Lets just say... you will see some things there that you're Mamma warned you about. Lol... Also, I have never seen Soooooo many Rusty Schlenk haters. Track prep... It has to be the worst track prep I have ever seen!(& I have been to alot of tracks over the yrs.) That mister they use there is like pi$$ing into the wind. When the track is all ready as dry as dust. Its kinda like Baseball for me... Three strikes you out & you are out for good... I will not be back...
    Track prep worse than Brownstown???? How can that even be possible??? My sympathies to the local fans!!!

the place is a complete dump.. they use to get away with it due to the low ticket cost, high car counts and halfway decent racing.. last 4 trips have been a snooze fest and we won’t be back. raise the gate cost and put some money into the facility the place looks like a 3rd world country.
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Another thing, I am just blown away at how dark the track is! 10 yrs ago the track was a hidden gem, now its just a neglected dump. They raised the prices, now spend that money for track prep machinery, real bathrooms and some charm. On a positive note, the kids saying the pledge of allegiance and the girl who sang the National anthem was great.

Maybe eldora ,atomic or limaland Kentucky Ohio with florence

Eldora cost to much to run, a lot of cars would skip it! Florence and Atomic are not UMP tracks, Im not sure if Moler is anymore. Waynesfield and Limaland make sense. And Tony only wants big show at Eldora.

Well this is two years straight and they have two nights of racing and from everything I have heard and read two years straight everything was as bad as bad as you could get that if something isn’t done to correct this I don’t know what Else it would take to convince someone not to give them to date to start with and quit making it the finale at Oak Shade has been previously said most of the races are run in Illinois so that just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever Else it would take to convince someone not to give them to date to start with and quit making it the finale at Oak Shade has been previously said most of the races are run in Illinois so that just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

I would really like for Limaland to have a show. And get a show at Kokomo again.

Lawrenceburg was always a good show.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Track prep worse than Brownstown???? How can that even be possible??? My sympathies to the local fans!!!
    Yes, track prep worse than Brownstown... Lets put it this way... You are sitting at you're camp site wishing for cloud cover and rain. So that you can see a track that you can pass on. The last three yrs I have seen six A-Mains there. And all six were a rubberd up train race on the bottom. Oh well things happen... I guess... Ugh...

Attica runs laps around Oakshade. At least Attica invests money back into their facilities, always have good competitive races, and run a nice program. I used to enjoy going to Oakshade, but the last time I was there was 3 years ago for the SN's and it was a joke. I haven;t been back since.
    They have a large car count, but 90% of the cars are a bunch of locals that only run Oakshade and maybe Attica on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by ThebigE; 07-16-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I appreciate the comments on the Pledge. I take great pride in getting the kids down there for that when I am at the track. The National Anthem singer was a ringer that nobody expected...including myself. Her name is Britney Benton and she is from Wauseon as far as I know. She did one helluva job!!
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember

I think we have to be real honest about the changes in Dirt track racing over the past few years, most of the changes do not make the racing better, most drivers are looking for clean air, and ways of going thru the motions out there instead of hard racing, the technological changes to the sport has lead to a lot boring races. And honestly I think anyone out there who doesnt believe that is in denial.

I don't think car count is a selling point for Oakshade, most of those cars are B-main material at 90% of the SN tour races. Would rather see quality over quantity any day.