Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by 88racing View Post
    Maybe eldora ,atomic or limaland Kentucky Ohio with florence
    Yea, Because Eldora needs another 'special' race!

If Oakshade is really that bad why not just not go? There are millions of other things you can do on a July Saturday night than pay money to go to a place you are just going to complain about online the next day!

Be happy you have a racetrack where cars show up at.

Default Oakshade

CLAY CLAY CLAY the track hasnt replaced it for 8 years to me knowledge it you want to keep a little moisture in the track there needs to be something there can absorb and hold pouring gallons of water on dirt and sand does nothing it's a shame where this track was 6 7 or 8 years ago hopefully they wise up get some good clay mix it in have Dane Miller show them track prep

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I think we have to be real honest about the changes in Dirt track racing over the past few years, most of the changes do not make the racing better, most drivers are looking for clean air, and ways of going thru the motions out there instead of hard racing, the technological changes to the sport has lead to a lot boring races. And honestly I think anyone out there who doesnt believe that is in denial.
    this is 100% true. this is why car counts are half of what they use to be just 15-20 years ago. why a lot of tracks have dropped late models . how often do we read about another track closing?

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I think we have to be real honest about the changes in Dirt track racing over the past few years, most of the changes do not make the racing better, most drivers are looking for clean air, and ways of going thru the motions out there instead of hard racing, the technological changes to the sport has lead to a lot boring races. And honestly I think anyone out there who doesnt believe that is in denial.
    Absolutely spot on play4ks!

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    this is 100% true. this is why car counts are half of what they use to be just 15-20 years ago. why a lot of tracks have dropped late models . how often do we read about another track closing?
    I was going to say the exact same thing but ya' beat me to it, lokwaidid.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    Yes, track prep worse than Brownstown... Lets put it this way... You are sitting at you're camp site wishing for cloud cover and rain. So that you can see a track that you can pass on. The last three yrs I have seen six A-Mains there. And all six were a rubberd up train race on the bottom. Oh well things happen... I guess... Ugh...
    I know what you mean. I always wished for rain on Saturday morning when going to Brownstown. Trouble with that is, they cancel pretty easy when some rain does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I know what you mean. I always wished for rain on Saturday morning when going to Brownstown. Trouble with that is, they cancel pretty easy when some rain does happen.
    And you'd think after how good the Jackson was last year they'd keep trying to replicate that by disking the track and watering the crap out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    And you'd think after how good the Jackson was last year they'd keep trying to replicate that by disking the track and watering the crap out of it!
    The had a rain out saturday and knew they had better water it well for the day race. And it was the best it had been all season.

I don't believe they even keep a disc on the grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The had a rain out saturday and knew they had better water it well for the day race. And it was the best it had been all season.

I don't believe they even keep a disc on the grounds.
    Well there's the problem!

From what I heard, the gentleman that owns the track is 72 years old and wants out. He is putting it up for sale at the end of the year... Whoever buys it will have to dump a ton of money in the junk hole.